Associate Assistant Headteacher - Transition
As a result of our continuing growth in pupil numbers, Witton Park Academy is delighted to advertise the post of Associate Assistant Headteacher in order to expand our current Senior Leadership Team. We are seeking high calibre individuals who wish to contribute to the further development of the Academy having been graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in September 2016. We believe that we can achieve so much more in the future and hope that you can join us and play a key role in enhancing the life chances of our children.
As Associate Assistant Headteacher, you will join a team responsible for leading the academy in its school improvement priorities. You will be part of a Senior Leadership team who are committed to drive forward improvements to develop the academy staff, students and the wider community. The main responsibility of this role will be to lead on improving equity amongst our pupils by taking a lead on transition and leadership of a year group of pupils.
Applicants with a broad experience in multiple remits would be advantageous. Expertise in pastoral approaches, with evidence of improvement in attainment and progress of pupils an essential quality.
The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership of a year group and transition at the school, ensuring an outstanding provision and outcome for every student. You will do this whilst ensuring that the academy maintains an inclusive ethos where everyone can aspire, grow, learn and achieve together. The academy will make these continued improvements with a commitment to raising standards for every student.
The role will require a senior leader who will have:
● A high quality track record as a teacher.
● A proven track record of success in your current remit, evidenced by outstanding student outcomes.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● The ability to lead effectively and work as part of a team.
● A strategic vision and proven ability to make things happen.
● High quality organisational and management skills.
● Personal qualities to inspire, motivate, support and challenge others.
● The ability to raise the aspirations of our students and staff.
We encourage you to read the accompanying documentation highlighting our values, vision and culture as a school. I would also encourage you to browse our internal CPL training at the site here to give you a full flavour of how we support staff.
We offer you:
● A model of executive coaching to support you in the role
● A broad range of external CPD opportunities including NPQ qualifications, routes to becoming or sustaining a role as an SLE
● A vibrant internal CPD structure that has been identified as outstanding practice
● A role that will be supported by an experienced Senior Leadership Team
To apply please complete the online application on the TES website. In your supporting document please indicate how you would lead the transition of pupils from primary to secondary at Witton Park Academy and how your leadership over the last two years has made a positive impact on pupils' progress.
We welcome visits to the school or informal conversations. Please contact Melanie Porter, Deputy Headteacher, if you wish to take advantage of this opportunity. firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12th April 2021 - 3pm
Interviews: 15th and 16th April 2021
Witton Park Academy
Blackburn with Darwen
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Welcome to Witton Park Academy
Innovating… Engaging… Caring… Learning… Succeeding Together.
With pride and passion we unite our school and our local community, and lead the drive to be ‘always learning’.
We are extremely proud of our school; the ac...