Prosper Multi Academy Trust of which Bolton Muslim Girls’ School is a part of is looking for an Associate Deputy Headteacher from January 2022.
This newly created post will be challenging and highly rewarding and has arisen as the outcome of a leadership review to ensure that Bolton Muslim Girls’ School can continue to achieve its aspirations of educational and academic excellence, outstanding wellbeing provision and development of a strong British Muslimah identity for every learner. Pupil numbers are rising as the increased intake moves up the school.
The main focus of this post will be to lead on pastoral care, inclusion and safeguarding and will include the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead. Training will be available for this aspect of the post. Outstanding pastoral care is crucial to our overall success and whilst it has improved considerably during the five years I have been Headteacher, the time is right for someone with exceptional skills to make a real and sustained impact and take it to the next level to enable the highest standards of pastoral care, inclusion and safeguarding.
The post requires someone with substantial pastoral experience who understands how to engage with parents and inspire learners to raise and exceed their aspirations. The successful candidate will enhance our pastoral care provision which in turn will impact successfully on teaching and learning to enrich each child’s whole school experience. Our learners are welcoming and friendly and educationally many come from disadvantaged backgrounds. Pupil Premium, Free School Meals, EAL and SEN numbers are below national averages. Many of our senior learners have low starting points, academically, whilst a significant change in demography means our junior learners are much more able. This makes Bolton Muslim Girls’ School a highly stimulating place to work because every day we really do make a difference to children’s lives. Our destination data shows this with virtually all learners entering work, college or apprenticeships post-16. In addition, every year a significant number of our former learners gain entry to university.
We are an outstanding school with a track record of sustainable school improvements, and are looking to strengthen our team in the future. It is an exciting time at Bolton Muslim Girls’ School.
Bolton Muslim Girls’ School is always over-subscribed with first choice applications. To meet with the growing demands for places and due to school’s popularity as an Outstanding school, the school has been successful in securing a capital funding for expansion. The additional capacity has resulted in 30 additional places with effect from 2020. The school has raised its Year 7 intake from 120 to 150 from Sept 2020. The school will subsequently grow incrementally each year thereafter. The increased pupil population will enable the school to review the current staffing structure and create further career opportunities for staff.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to further develop their career and join a passionate department that aim to provide a positive learning experience for their students.
This school is looking for someone who is dynamic in the classroom with the ability to differentiate the learning material to a range of ability levels.
The role involves supporting SEN pupils up and including KS4 and previously supporting at both levels is a requirement. The academic achievement of the school in terms of both attainment and progress has been excellent. We have a team of dedicated teaching and support staff who are committed to ensuring all students reach their full potential.
Bolton Muslim Girls’ School has been the top school in the Borough for the last five consecutive years.
N.B. With all the Covid 19 restrictions lifted, we welcome Covid 19 compliant visits to the school prior to application, however, for any queries linked to the post, you could contact the School HR via telephone or email.
Benefits of working at Bolton Muslim Girls’ School- BMGS
There has never been a better time to work at BMGS. This is no ordinary school. There are many excellent schools around, but they all have a very different feel. We are a lovely school with a genuine ‘feel good factor’ throughout. BMGS is an ambitious and caring community, committed to fulfilling the gifts of each student, reflected in the School’s mission statement. Our mission is summed up by 3 words, Success for All, which underpin what we’re all about.
• able to be inspirational in your teaching, engaging children in their learning across all areas of the curriculum?
• able to create a positive and creative learning environment?
• confident in your knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum?
• able to motivate, inspire children to fulfil their potential?
• able to work as part of a team to plan, teach and assess effectively for the next steps in children’s learning?
Then you are the right candidate for us!
We have a proven track record of support and development for all colleagues. In return, we will offer you:
• Outstanding , GCSE results from our well-motivated students (Ofsted Outstanding 2013)
• A school which has been in the top 20% nationally for Progress 8 for five years, 2015 to 2019.
• The school’s GCSE results have been top of the borough for the last five consecutive years
• UK healthcare cash plans to help with optical, dental, chiropody and physiotherapy treatment. You can claim up to 100% of the cost back (up to policy limits) The scheme also offers six 1-1 counselling sessions for those who need to tap into it.
- Each teacher has an access to a personal device
• A caring and supportive community environment of highly motivated students and staff
• a commitment to health and wellbeing of staff
• a hardworking and dedicated team comprising of a diverse workforce
• Students with a positive attitude, a willingness to succeed, enthusiastic and friendly
• a commitment to your continued professional development
• ongoing CPD opportunities with the chance to undertake qualifications such as NPQML, NPQSL, SLE, etc.
• More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
• An outstanding culture & ethos where students & staff enjoy & achieve
• an open professional culture and learning community;
• strong parental engagement and an overwhelming parental support for teachers;
• excellent pastoral care
• Excellent travel links to Manchester (15-20 minutes by train), M60 / M61 (20 minutes) and we are located 10 minutes’ walk from Bolton interchange and 2 minutes’ walk from the nearest bus stop.
Bolton Muslim Girls School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 16 years
Bolton Muslim Girls School, based in Bolton, Lancashire, was founded in 1987 for girls between the age of 11 and 16. In 2007, it transformed from an independent school to a voluntary aided establishment. It gained academy status and is sponsored by t...