We have an exciting opportunity at Caludon Castle School for a graduate who is committed and resilient, dedicated to ensure high attainment of our students, with the patience, warmth, empathy and communication skills to make a real difference to children and young people.
Many of our associate specialist teachers have professionally grown to become outstanding teachers, team leaders and heads of faculty, often gaining qualified teacher status through the School Direct programme.
The main focus of the role is to cover classes during teachers’ absence; managing the classroom, ensuring that students maintain their learning and giving feedback to teachers. This vital and rewarding role also provides opportunity for an associate specialist teacher to provide continuity during longer term teacher absence and to take on his/her own classes.
Perhaps you are someone who is really determined to get onto the right teacher training programme for you, looking for a stepping stone to gain some instrumental experience. This opportunity will certainly provide this. You could be affiliated to one or more faculties and a number of students. You will have the chance to be a tutor, to participate in all stages of the planning cycle, to assist colleagues with the differentiation of resources and to mentor a number of identified students.
You’ll need to be resourceful with a sense of humour, innovative ideas, planning skills and a strong belief that hard work pays off. In return we will offer you
• An identified experienced mentor within your assigned faculty and our Lead Associate Specialist Teacher, providing on call support where needed
• Invaluable experience covering classes across all year groups
• A shadow timetable when you are not ‘on cover’ to provide ample opportunity to observe classroom practice across a diverse range of disciplines
• Classroom support/development and quality CPD through our Teaching School
• Access to coaching and regular feedback to develop your teaching expertise
• Free car parking, access to the on-site gym and swimming pool and a range of wellbeing initiatives through our wellbeing committee
• A comprehensive induction programme.
If this is the next step you have been looking for, then come and see us in action and find out more about what this role can offer. If you would like to discuss this post further or arrange a school visit, please contact the Emma Over, HR Director by email on HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk
Application packs are available from Emma Over or visit our website http://castlephoenixtrust.org.uk/job-opportunities/vacancies/ to download further details. Find out more about us on https://youtu.be/9mlmgmD90fw
Application forms to be returned to Emma Over on HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk