Academy: Leeds East Academy
Job Title: Associate Teacher
Grade: C3 .26 – .28 TTO + 5 days £23,886 - £25,463 Pro Rata (£20,339 - £21,682)
Accountable to: Assistant Principal – Teaching and Learning
Leeds East Academy is the most improved school in Yorkshire and the 4th most improved school in the country, celebrating remarkable GCSE results with an outstanding Progress 8 improvement of +1.09. Housed within a state-of-the-art new school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area. Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
To contribute to the key objective of the School Improvement Plan, ‘Raising standards of achievement’ by working under the guidance of senior teaching staff and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement agreed work programmes with individual groups, in or out of the classroom, and supervising whole classes during the absence of teachers.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide cover supervision for the long and short-term absence of teachers.
- Direct and supervise students to complete the work set and complete records for absent teachers
- To take on teaching timetables of members of staff with planned absence.
- Support departments with planning and preparation of lessons liaising with the Head of the Department and the team.
- To assist departments by supporting with marking and feedback where required.
- To use specialist skills/training/experience to support students' learning.
- Undertake dedicated and focused 1 to 1 work with individual and groups of students.
- Utilise specialist skills and knowledge to ensure activities promote the learning and progress of students.
- To establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- To support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs.
- To encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities.
- To promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance.
- To establish an appropriate learning environment in lessons.
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation.
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, Leeds City College Group, which is one of the largest and most successful FE/HE College Groups in the UK. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our Academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly Outstanding Trust.
As a Trust, we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
Closing Date: 12th November 2018 9.00 am
Shortlisting Date: W/C 12th November 2018
Interview Date: W/C 12th November 2018
Start Date: ASAP
For more information, please click apply.
To apply, please complete the application form and return by the closing date of 12th November 2018.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.