Attendance and Intervention Officer
London SE1 from September 2017
DLD College is recruiting a full time, term time only, Student Attendance & Intervention Officer to start in September 2017. The post will be based at DLD College. DLD College is an independent sixth form college situated in the heart of London in a new state-of-the-art building overlooking Westminster and the river Thames. There are over 500 students, who are preparing for A-Level, BTEC (Level 3 & 4) and GCSE.
About the Alpha Plus Group
DLD was founded in 1931 and is part of the Alpha Plus Group of schools and colleges. DLD College aims to maintain a 'gold standard' of educational quality. Classes are small, enabling students and teachers to focus upon the most effective ways of learning. The College offers exceptional teaching accommodation and resources.
A Centre of Excellence
We have an excellent track record of supporting students to achieve the A-Level, BTEC (Level 3 & 4) and GCSE results they need, enabling them to move onto university courses of their choice, mostly to Russell Group universities.
Your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
To improve attendance through partnership with colleagues, parents and students, ensuring that the importance of good attendance is prominent and that students are challenged appropriately; administration of student attendance; administration of staff cover and general college administration.
- Ability to communicate tactfully on the telephone and in writing.
- Methodical with a good attention to detail.
- An understanding of the issues and problems that impact upon families which can generate difficulties and impact on attendance.
- Have the ability to communicate, challenge and motivate young people.
- The ability to work with autonomy, being self-confident and able to make balanced judgements when faced with difficult situations.
- The ability to organise and prioritise a complex workload.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in written form with colleagues and other agencies.
- Previous experience of Outlook, Word, Excel and SIMS.
- Have an understanding of the Child Protection and Safeguarding agenda.
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- Be emotionally resilient and able to work effectively in a challenging environment.
DLD College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check and will be required to provide proof of their right to work in the UK if not a UK or European Union citizen.
Please follow the link below to the Alpha Plus Group careers page to complete an on line application.
Closing date for applications: 21st June 2017
Interviews: Week beginning 26th June 2017