Job Title: Attendance and Safeguarding Officer
Salary: £22,000 - £25,250 (based on skills and experience)
Hours: 40 hours; 08.00-17.00, Term Time (39 weeks) plus five days
Start Date: As soon as possible
Are you a proactive and independent person who wants to play a key role in helping young people access learning and develop strong personal routines?
- Are you a great listener, able to interact with young people and their families with tact and sensitivity to bring about change?
- Do you have knowledge of safeguarding standards and frameworks within a school that you wish to develop into outstanding practice?
We are seeking to appoint an Attendance and Safeguarding Officer who will have a potentially life-changing impact on the wellbeing of students most in need.
The successful candidate will be someone with:
- Experience of working with students and young people in a school environment, preferably at Key Stages 3 and 4
- Experience of managing and operating administrative systems
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information discreetly and with integrity
About the school:
- Inclusive, multicultural 11–16 Free School located in East London
- An innovative digital and flexible 21st century learning environment
- Small school with only 84 students in each year group
- Competitive salaries based on experience and skills
- Outstanding CPD and collaborative working
- A supportive and vibrant professional community
Visits to the school are warmly welcome as are informal discussions with Will Overill, Inclusion Leader. Please contact Andrew Lau, Head's PA, on 020 3597 3675 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to arrange either of these.
The closing date for applications is Monday 3 July 2017 (09.00), with interviews scheduled for that week. For an application form, please email email@example.com or visit the school’s website.
Wapping High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Enhance DBS and Childrens' Barred List checks.