Attendance Officer: 30 hours per week, 8:45 - 14:45 Monday – Friday.
40 weeks p.a. Term Time only
Would you like to take your organisational and data skills to support the outcomes for young people? Our Attendance Officer provides a crucial role in our school. You will work with a team of like-minded professionals to record, analyse and improve attendance for all our learners.
You will need: -
• the ability to analyse data
• an eye for detail
• to be an effective communicator
• to be flexible and have a positive can do attitude
You will oversee attendance across our school ensuring that students are attending and barriers to learning are addressed and reduced. Knowledge of SIMS would be an advantage.
You will be responsible for: -
• dealing with staff, students, parents and external agencies
• accurate recording and collation of attendance data in the school’s management information system
• liaising with SLT, teachers, form tutors and Progress Leaders on a daily basis with regard to absences
• promoting a positive attitude towards attendance and making sure parents are made fully aware of their statutory responsibilities
About the school:
Amery Hill School is Alton’s top performing 11 – 16 mixed comprehensive school set in pretty grounds in the market town of Alton, Hampshire. Following our excellent recent Ofsted inspection, we are very proud of the report and how it reflects the high standard of all round education that we provide for all our learners. The school is well resourced and supported by the local community; it manages to maintain a supportive and caring environment for all who attend the school.
Applications should be addressed to Mrs Elizabeth Wylie, Headteacher and may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all applications will be considered upon receipt, therefore an early reply is recommended
We are committed to safeguarding, follow a strict recruitment process and carry out enhanced DBS checks.