37.5 hours per week (term time only, 42 weeks)
We are seeking to appoint an Attendance Officer to join our team at Barnsley Academy. We are looking to recruit an experienced Attendance Officer with excellent people skills to support students effectively so that student attendance increases throughout the academy.
Main duties will include:
- To play a key role in the Academy Attendance Team to ensure that whole school attendance first meets and then exceeds the national average.
- To work alongside the Attendance Manager to raise the profile of student attendance across the Academy.
- To support the Attendance Manager in increasing and maintaining the level of student attendance and lowering Persistent Absence (PA) at the Academy amongst all student groups.
- To ensure all information/data relating to student attendance is accurately recorded, analysed and acted upon in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To communicate effectively with both parents and students both in person and by telephone.
- To build positive relationships with both students and parents to boost attendance.
- To attend student/parent meetings / make home visits in relation to student attendance issues.
- To take telephone calls, relay messages to staff and parents.
- To undertake routine clerical duties, including spreadsheets/excel.
What we would like from you;
- To be a team player.
- To have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Minimum of A-C grade in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- To be firm but approachable and have excellent people skills.
- To be resilient in following the academy attendance policy.
- A fundamental belief in the power of education to enable pupils to achieve anything they set their minds to.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in school attendance or an equivalent role.
- The ability to travel to locations within the local community.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Academy making substantial progress under current leadership. In turn, we are looking for a candidate committed to playing a part in transforming the lives of our young people.
Barnsley Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1430636?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Closing Date: Monday 12 November 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews: To take place later the same week
Where support is better shared
Barnsley Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.