Unsworth Academy – Attendance Officer
Salary: SET Grade 4, £18426-£1917, pro-rata (actual salary £15989-£16635)
Weeks: Full Time, 37 hours per week, Term Time Only, plus 1 week
Required: ASAP – Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
Unsworth Academy is a thriving school, with a clear ambition for its future: it will be second to none. We seek an exceptional candidate with drive and determination to join our family. The Academy Principal, Senior Leadership Team, Academy Councillors and staff are committed to securing outstanding in all areas of school life and the best possible outcomes and life chances for all learners. We are going to create something exceptional for the young people in our community and if this ambition appeals to you, we would be delighted to receive your application.
Unsworth Academy is an academy within the Shaw Education Trust. The Trust is led by an Executive Leadership Team steeped in school leadership and improvement experience: www.shaw-education.org.uk. They are committed to the continued professional development of all members of staff and the sustained successful performance of all its academies. We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Attendance Officer to join our Pastoral Team. The successful candidate will be:
• Fully aware of the importance of good and outstanding school attendance and punctuality on improving life chances and outcomes for learners
• Committed to significantly improving whole school attendance including the attendance of key identified vulnerable groups
• Enthusiastic, passionate, creative, flexible and innovative with the drive and determination to successfully contribute to whole school improvement
• A dedicated team player who develops excellent relationships with learners and colleagues
• A professional who communicates clear expectations, leads by example and promotes at all times positive behaviour for learning
• Willing to fully support and at all times uphold the policies and positive ethos of the school
• Willing to participate in personal continued professional development
At our school each pupil can feel that they belong to a caring and supportive environment. The school/academy is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including a DBS check.
This is an exciting time to join us. From the 1st September 2019 we moved into a new 12-million-pound school building, which provides an outstanding learning environment. We have re-branded as Unsworth Academy in order to re-integrate with the local community. Along with our new school name we also have a new school uniform.
The school is easily accessible from across the region and is located 2 minutes drive from the M60/M62/M66 (Junction 17). Informal visits to school are available, please contact Miss C Allen, Operations Manager at email@example.com or on 0161 7969820 to arrange.
Closing Date: 24/02/2020 9am
Please forward completed application forms to:
Miss C Allen, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org