Salary: HBC3 SCP 5 -6 £15,663 - £15,976 pro-rata (full time equivalent £18,795 - £19,171)
Hours: 37 hours per week, term time
We want to appoint an Attendance Officer to work with students and their families on matters relating to attendance and punctuality, especially to those students with persistent absence.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills and be able to develop positive relationships with all members of the school's community. Ideally, you will have experience of working with young people and families in difficult and complex circumstances. To fulfil this role ideally you will need:
• A good working knowledge of SIMS to input data and produce reports.
• Excellent administrative and computer skills to produce letters and reports using Word and Excel.
• To work with students who are poor attenders or have punctuality issues providing strategies and monitoring their attendance.
• To work with the LA's Education Welfare Officer collating information with regard to attendance and punctuality of students and decide on strategies and interventions. This may include meetings with parents and students, home visits, letters, reports.
• To hold a clean, current driving licence.
• The role also provides cover for the student wellbeing services, so a first aid qualification or willingness to achieve within a reasonable time from appointment is essential.
Details and application form are available via email from email@example.com or can be downloaded from the website. Completed application forms and covering letters should be returned to the Interim Principal, Mr T. Rawdin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 6th December 2019
Interviews will take place on Friday 13th December 2019
Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy is committed to, and actively promotes, equal opportunities for all its students and staff. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment is conditional upon receiving satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.