Vacancy: Attendance Officer (Senior Business Support Officer)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours per week: 35 (Monday to Friday 8am - 3.30pm)
Working weeks: Term Time + 1 week
Salary: £16,484 - £17,842
Closing date: Monday 12th April 2021 at 9am
Interviews: W/c 19th April 2021
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Attendance Officer with excellent people skills to support students effectively to improve their attendance at school.
As well as collating information about attendance and identifying those whose attendance is causing concern, you will be working with students, families and other agencies to ensure that all students at All Saints are attending college regularly and achieving their best.
Main duties will include:
- Playing a key role in the College to ensure that whole school attendance first meets and then exceeds the national average.
- Working alongside the Achievement Coordinators / Local Authority APSOs to raise the profile of student attendance.
- Increasing and maintaining the level of student attendance and lower Persistent Absence (PA) at the College amongst all student groups.
- Ensuring all information/data relating to student attendance is accurately recorded, analysed and acted upon in an appropriate, timely manner.
- Communicating effectively with both parents and students in person, telephone and formal letters.
- Providing up to date reports and statistics for Governors.
- Building positive relationships with both students and parents to boost attendance.
- Attending student/parent meetings and making home visits in relation to student attendance issues.
- Taking telephone calls, relaying messages to staff and parents.
- Undertaking routine clerical duties, including spreadsheets/Excel.
What we would like from you:
- Be a team player.
- Have a sound knowledge of SIMS and Microsoft Office packages.
- Minimum of A-C grade in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- Firm but approachable and have excellent people skills.
- Dedicated to promoting the College attendance policy.
- Ability to travel to locations within the local community.
- First aid and safeguarding trained would be advantageous.
Applicants must be able to handle a variety of tasks quickly, efficiently, and calmly, and be able to work to tight deadlines, having excellent organisational, administrative, personal and IT skills.
All Saints is an 11-16 school, situated near the northern boundary of Kirklees. We are a Catholic school with students attending from diverse cultural backgrounds, which contribute to the distinctive ethos. All Saints Catholic College enjoys an “Outstanding Judgement” from the Leeds Diocese – Section 48 Inspection (May 2018). In July 2017, Ofsted judged All Saints ‘good’ in every category.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our College making substantial progress under current leadership. In turn, we are looking for a candidate committed to playing a part in transforming the lives of our young people.
At All Saints Catholic College, we aim to create a happy workplace culture through promoting a healthy work/life balance. We do that by providing a package of flexible employee benefits, including:
- An attractive pension scheme for both Teaching and Support staff.
- A high-quality wellbeing package including medical cover, counselling, physiotherapy, fast track medical cover, care service and a 24-hour GP helpline.
- Kirklees Employee Health Care, which also includes wellbeing support, physiotherapy.
- Care First Advice - a 24/7 information and counselling service.
- We are part of the Cycle to Work scheme. Tax free bikes and safety equipment can be payable by payroll deduction through a partnership with Cyclescheme.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are able to work as part of the whole staff team.
An Application Form and further information can be downloaded via our website www.aschc.com.
Completed Application and Disclosure Forms should be returned to Miss C Taylor at email@example.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Due to the number of application forms we receive, we regret we can only contact the shortlisted candidates.
All Saints Catholic College
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
All Saints Catholic College is a denominational, co-educational secondary school in Bradley Bar, close to Huddersfield. There are approximately 846 students aged 11-16 at All Saints, which is a specialist humanities college. The school motto is "Love...