Jessop Stockwell Federation provides a rich and balanced educational environment which caters for the whole pupil - academically, vocationally, socially, morally, physically, emotionally and environmentally. Our task is to serve our pupils as well as to provide a learning hub for the entire community. In this way we will raise aspirations, unlock potential and Working Together to Achieve Excellence.
Located at Jessop Primary School, the post holder will report directly to the Federation Bursar. Your main role as School Attendance Officer is to promote and provide an efficient attendance service for the Federation. The post holder is also expected to continuously contribute ideas to the design and effective running of attendance.
We are a federation that values and invests in staff, excellent training, development and planned career progression.
We can offer:
- Advantages of working within a Federation
- Continuous personal development
- Support and good practice
You will need to have:
- The ability to interpret instructions and to work using initiative – managing your own work load.
- A pleasant and efficient telephone and reception manner.
- Proven competence in literacy, numeracy and computer skills.
- An understanding of computer database systems and the ability to learn new software programmes.
- An understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of children.
- The ability to form good relationships with colleagues, parents and carers.
- An understanding of the principles of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- A good sense of humour.
The Governing Board expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding children. We follow safer recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references. In the interest of children's well-being the school is committed to the principles of safer recruitment.
To obtain a recruitment pack, including Job Description and Person Specification, please email Rebekah Lessey on email@example.com
To apply, please send your completed application form to Rebekah Lessey either by email or post to either Jessop or Stockwell Primary Schools.
To arrange a visit please phone Rebekah Lessey on 07920 157185.
Closing date: 28th June 2018 (12 Noon)
Shortlisting: 29th June 2018
Interviews: Week commencing 2nd July 2018
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/dbs and in the recruitment pack.
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.
Jessop Stockwell Federation
Jessop Primary School and Children’s Centre
Lowden Road, London SE24 0BJ
Stockwell Primary School
Stockwell Road, London SW9 9TG