Qatar Foundation is recruiting Autism Specialists/Teachers. The roles are to commence at the end of July 2020.
Renad Academy is specifically designed for children with Autism. Currently, programs to support students with Autism in Qatar are limited and cannot meet demand. Renad is a place where children can receive an appropriate and individualized education, using evidence-based practices such as ABA and Structured TEACCH methodologies. Services provided include a thorough assessment to determine strengths and needs, direct instruction in a 2:1 ratio setting, social skills training, speech-language therapy, occupational therapy, in-home training for parents and collaboration with the medical community. Renad is currently seeking NAS accreditation. We are in need of Teachers specializing in Autism to teach classrooms of 6-10 children under the 4th grade (UK Year 5). Assistants are assigned, as well, and will need supervision and direction from the teacher.
- Postgraduate qualification in Special Education or related field
- 2 years teaching experience in Special Education and/or Autism Specialty instruction
- Outstanding instructional skills
- A passion and commitment to education for students with wide ranging learning needs & challenges
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to relate to student concerns
- Demonstrated commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Must be comfortable with performing personal care for students
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Ability to form positive and effective relationships
- International experience in education
- Willingness to make a long-term commitment
- A good sense of humor and a positive outlook
- An interest in understanding the culture and values of Qatar and incorporating them into our work in the school
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Experience coaching adults in educational strategies
- Prepare short and long-term plans that reflect learning objectives, with a clear understanding of instructional strategies, assessment tools and behaviour management strategies related to the child’s abilities
- Collect and analyze student data and monitor student progress to direct instructional practices
- Identify individual students’ learning needs and adjust instructional strategies as appropriate
- Organize and maintain a neat and attractive classroom to enhance the learning environment
- Submit grades and comments, and document student progress as required
- Supervise the instructional assistants’ schedules and their instruction to students
- Attend required meetings and serve on committees as requested
- Work closely with therapists to provide appropriate services to students
- Provide professional development to adults
- Participate in professional development activities and keep abreast of developments in subject matter area
- Participate in self-assessment activities and integrate evaluation feedback from administrators into planning to improve teaching performance
- Conduct workshops or presentations to share expertise and information for professional development activities
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is highly competitive and tax-free, and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include housing, health, life and long-term disability insurance, annual home leave, shipping allowance, end of service gratuity and tuition benefits for Pre-K – Grade 12 school-age dependents.
HOW TO APPLY
The deadline for receipt of applications is 23:59 GMT on January 14th, 2020. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received. Candidates should note that Qatar Foundation Schools reserve the right to make an appointment at any time, even before the deadline mentioned if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
Candidates should complete in full the application form. In compliance with Safer Recruitment principles, applications with incomplete application forms will not be considered. Also, candidates should provide a statement of education philosophy, including an explanation of why they believe they are the right person for the position. This may be included on the application form.
Applications should be addressed to:
Ms. Sherri Miller, Director of Renad Academy, Qatar Foundation Schools firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Successful appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and verification of qualifications.
The Office of Pre-University Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with previous employers and national/international disclosure services as appropriate. We are committed to ensuring that applicants and employees from all sections of the community are treated equally and not discriminated against, and we welcome applications from candidates with additional needs and disabilities.