Why work at The Manchester College?
- one of the largest and most successful further education colleges in Europe
- rated level 2 (good) by Ofsted
- provides education and training to a wide range of learners and clients across the vibrant City of Manchester and beyond
- exciting strategic plan which outlines and ambitious and challenging growth plan over the next 2 years
- Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package and pension scheme
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city of Manchester: from Openshaw and Harpurhey in the North to Wythenshawe and West Didsbury in the South, as well as several locations in the city centre. Each site has its own specialist, cutting edge facilities and resources within a friendly and supportive atmosphere. The College`s mission is to deliver a high quality, inclusive and comprehensive curriculum, in an accessible and flexible way
With this in mind, we currently have a fantastic opportunity available for an Automotive Tutor to join our team in the Automotive, Construction and Engineering department.
As part of the role you will plan and implement an engaging curriculum for learners that present challenging behaviour, ensuring you meet quality and operational targets. As a Tutor you will deliver high quality, learner focused education to re-engage and ensure positive progression opportunities for all learners.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to) are as follows:
- Plan and deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment for learners to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets.
- Develop and maintain accurate and detailed learner records, individual learning plans and progress tracking.
- Regular attendance and active contribution at departmental and cross college meetings, Contribution to robust self-assessment and quality improvement procedures including learner satisfaction.
- Work in conjunction with stakeholders and partners.
- You will be required to complete all necessary administration related to the programs.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Track record of effective teaching in delivering in subject specialism
- Level 5 Teaching Qualification
- English & Maths - must be qualified to a minimum of Level 2
- Track record of effective, high quality teaching and learning experience with learners who present challenging behaviour.
- Experience of contribution to person centred reviews and progression planning.
- Experience of working with young people in a further education environment.
If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding sector, apply today.
Closing Date: 9th December 2016
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.