Hours: Working hours ranging from 8am - 10pm including weekends and nights
Aspris Children’s Services (an independent company which was formally Priory Education and Children’s Services) is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of specialist care and education for a reason. We recruit some of the most committed Residential Learning Support Assistant's in the sector.
- Ensure safeguarding of learners at all times
- During curriculum activities, under the direction of the Tutor, provide support to enable learners to achieve their learning aims
- Support learners to achieve their aims and aspirations in the wider learning experiences
- Assist in the assessment of learners, to ensure that an accurate baseline of developmental needs is identified
- Establish a good relationship with learners by using language and other communication skills that learners can understand and relate to
- Encourage and enable learners to make informed choices in their lives and assist them in working through the consequences and taking responsibility for their behaviour
- Support the well-being of learners in their emotional and social, personal development
- Record progress and achievement of learners
- Meet the needs of learners by following support and safety plans and risk assessments
- To assist with language, literacy and numeracy development, and other activities under the direction of the Tutor
- Attend and contribute to planned college events which promote the college and enhances the learners experience
- Where deemed necessary, escort learners when engaged in off-site activities and visits, and provide assistance and instruction where needed. Drive college mini buses as required to support learners
- Monitor and maintain domestic standards and resources and report all shortcomings to the line manager
- Undertake general domestic and workplace duties (tidying, cleaning, laundry work, cooking etc)
- Assist management in any aspect of learner training and care, or any other task deemed necessary to promote the interests and welfare of learners. To attend and participate as required in reviews and other internal and external meetings
- Attend and follow the procedure for staff meetings, case conferences etc. as required
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Principal or their delegate.
- A generous salary
- Being part of a company that invests in you and your team for personal and professional development
- Reward and discount schemes
- Enhanced DBS fee paid
- Access to a holiday package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support.
Aspris is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service
Strathmore College is a residential and day college in Stoke on Trent. The college provides for learners aged 16-25 years who have learning difficulties, emotional, social and behavioural difficulties/disability. The cohort of learners’ needs include mild to severe learning difficulty/disability, Downs Syndrome, Autistic Spectrum Conditions, speech and language difficulties coupled with other health related, mental or physical difficulties. The learner’s needs are increasingly more complex, with a number of learners who were NEET and those who were finding engaging in education and learning challenging. The College uses meaningful, practical learning activities to engage and motivate learners.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
Our UK specialist schools, colleges, children’s homes and fostering agency provide the highest standards of support to children with a range of needs. This includes autism, learning difficulties, social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) difficulties and supporting some of society’s most vulnerable children. With a large national footprint, as well as education services in the Middle East, this also offers significant and exciting development and progression opportunities for our staff.
Aspris Education & Children's Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Aspris Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.