Beal Sixth Form (part of Beacon Multi-Academy Trust)
Beal Sixth Form Manager
Salary range: LBR Scale 7 (Salary commensurate with experience)
Full time equivalent: £29,766 - £30,711 per annum
36 hours per week, 44.26 weeks per year - term time only
Beacon Academy Trust are currently seeking to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic team member to join our Trust as a Data Systems Officer.
The successful applicant will work with the BMAT Senior Data Manager as part of the Data Team to provide an efficient and effective system and data management service to the school community.
The successful applicant will have:
• English and Maths GCSE A to C grade (essential)
• Level 3 qualification or equivalent (essential), degree level qualification desirable
• Previous experience of working in a busy, professional, educational environment.
• Experience of managing software applications, preferably those in use in education eg. SIMS, Groupcall, ParentPay, Moodle, Cashless Catering systems etc
• Some technical ICT experience desirable – server management, remote support etc
• Good communication, ICT and organisational skills, with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
• The ability to work on their own initiative and an eye for detail
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
Keeping Children Safe in Education
BMAT – Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
An Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
Further information and an application form can be found at www.beaconacademytrust.co.uk
Please forward your electronic applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers, therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
GENERAL ROLE PROFILE
Purpose of role
This role will lead on the routines, procedures and systems that support the success and wellbeing of all post-16 students across both sixth form campuses, from the initial transition year to full integration of the new Beal Sixth Form. The key responsibilities will include leading and managing all aspects of sixth form administration whilst providing resources, guidance and services to support the progress of students. The successful candidate will able to maintain high quality administrative protocols across the sixth form, ensuring consistently high standards of monitoring, welfare and communication.
The BSF Manager will play a central role in establishing and sustaining the culture, vision and ethos of the sixth form, building strong relationships with staff and students whilst developing integrated systems and procedures to ensure the success of all sixth form students. They will be able to respond quickly to issues and challenges, resolve conflict and find suitable solutions. In all of their interactions with pupils, staff and parents/ guardians they will display the highest levels of professionalism. They will be an exceptional communicator, able to convey sensitive information to a range of audiences. They will also have experience of school safeguarding, and a commitment to updating their awareness and knowledge. They will be able to use SIMS proficiently and handle data information concerning attendance, punctuality and conduct.
This role will suit professionals who have experience of working in administrative support capacities and have knowledge of the range of undertakings schools are involved with on a daily basis. They will have the confidence to shape systems, teams and protocols so the sixth form infrastructure operates efficiently.
The role requires a consistently high degree of discretion, sensitivity and advocacy.
Reporting to: Deputy Directors of Sixth Form
Responsible for: Student support and sixth form teams across both BHS and TFA campuses
• Develop and maintain effective administrative systems to ensure the smooth running of the sixth form across two campuses.
• Lead and performance manage BSF administrators and the Student Services Managers.
• Identify and monitor the training needs of staff in performance management areas and respond to the needs when and where appropriate.
• Liaise regularly with sixth form staff to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the sixth form.
• Develop positive, proactive protocols for communicating with and responding to parents, the press and the local community.
• Closely support the co-ordination of key sixth form processes, including enrolment and induction, the monitoring of registers, communication with parents/guardians, the administering of the Educational Bursary Fund and exams.
• Oversee the arrangements for Key Stage community events e.g. Open Evening, Prize Evening, Progression Evenings, Results Days
• Liaise with relevant outside agencies.
• Produce reports/information/data with guidance as required.
• Note-take at school briefings, meetings and as required.
• Respond to complaints and concerns from parents and the local community; maintain complaints log.
• Co-ordinate visitors to school, liaising with HOYs regarding visits.
• Work closely with the Deputy Director of Sixth Form and other sixth form staff to oversee the administration process for UCAS, apprenticeships and employment.
• Update and maintain the BSF Shuttle Bus rotas and registers.
• Check the website regularly to ensure all information is current. Liaise with the website administrator to keep the website updated.
• Oversee summaries of monitoring reports, produce data analysis; ensure timely and accurate information for school census.
• Oversee Groupcall messages from the pastoral team.
• Update and standardise documentation.
• Contribute to the marketing and publicity drive for the sixth form, including supporting publicity events and materials
These duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive. The details and responsibilities of the post may change as requirements and circumstances change. The post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as requested by the Principal, Vice Principal and Directors of Sixth Form and SLT that are broadly within the level of the post.
This post is subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and to providing equality of opportunity.
Please note we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the specified date.