Are you a skilled Behaviour Analyst who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of young adults with autism?
Ambitious College is an Independent Specialist College for young adults with autism and complex needs. The college aims to enable learners to access further education and to develop skills and knowledge that lead to successful transitions to adulthood where our learners will live, work and contribute to their local communities. Our YouTube clip gives you a sample of some of the achievements this year for our inspirational learners: https://youtu.be/g5hgkqRLNpI
Due to expansion we are recruiting a Behaviour Analyst (0.6 post) to join the team in the Ambitious College campus in West London (based in West Thames College).
The role of the Behaviour Analyst involves
- Implementing a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) model
- Assessment of learner ability and barriers to learning
- Report and document writing including behaviour support plans, individualised skills development programmes and annual review reports
- Evaluation of programmes through use of baseline recordings and progression data
- Contribution to Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) and annual reviews within a Further Education context
- Ensure teaching and learning is underpinned by PBS and that all interventions have excellent contextual fit
- To deliver training to the staff team, including induction training, Positive Behaviour Support Framework and individualised supports to learners.
The successful candidate will have
- Degree level education, preferably in psychology
- Masters in Applied Behaviour Analysis
- BCBA status, or working towards eligibility to sit examination
- Having an understanding of the Ofsted Common Inspection Framework, and how to embed this in your role alongside colleagues on the Trans-Disciplinary Team
- Extensive experience of using behavioural assessment tools
- Emotional and physical resilience to meet the challenges of working in an environment that, whilst being extremely rewarding, can at times be demanding
- Demonstrable experience of delivering training
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and to collaborate with other professionals.
In return we offer excellent benefits including a generous holiday entitlement, season travel ticket loans, employee assistance programmes and a generous contributory pension offer. BCBA supervision will be available, as will access to Continuing Professional Development.
Based at our West Thames College campus in Isleworth, you will work alongside a team of professionals to support our learners to achieve outstanding outcomes.
Working pattern: 22.5 hours per week
Be extraordinary and join us in making the ordinary possible for young people.
For further details on how you can make a difference and to find out what we have to offer please visit our website.
Ambitious about Autism is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role as detailed under the person specification.
If you would like to come and visit us, have any recruitment related questions or would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may need as part of your application, please email or call Faima Begum in our Recruitment Team on 0208 815 5444.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that at least one reference will be taken up prior to interview and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.