Academy: Leeds West Academy
Job Title: Behaviour and Attendance Leader
Grade: PO3 Pt 38-41: TTO + 20 days – Pro rata Salary: £30,933 - £33,654
Accountable to: Senior Vice Principal
To support the implementation of the Academy strategic priorities, focusing predominantly on the promotion of positive student behaviour and attendance. The post holder will ensure, through effective day-to-day monitoring and strong line-management, that the pastoral care, personal development and safeguarding provided by Year Managers, is of the highest standard. This will result in a strong ethos of positive behaviour and attendance across the academy.
You will challenge Year Managers to address attendance issues and to seek help for students in need by liaising with colleagues, parents and external agencies and work closely with all stakeholders to ensure that students feel safe and engage well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• With the designated staff within the senior leadership team, take appropriate steps to ensure that all students are safe and happy both inside and outside of the Academy. Be a key member of the LWA Safeguarding Team.
• Ensure, through robust line management the work of the Pastoral Team including Year Managers and Internal Exclusion Unit Manager.
• Ensure robust systems are implemented so the Internal Exclusion Unit, Seclusion and moved room run effectively, carefully tracking student progress and personal development within the provision.
• Oversee all Individual Behaviour Plans; through effective line management of Year Managers and partnership work with key leaders across the academy, direct the implementation of the appropriate behaviour modification plans for students with challenging behaviour so that targeted intervention is applied effectively.
• Work with the Year 7 transition team to identify students from primary; planning individualised transition support programme.
• Work with support staff who struggle to manage ‘significant challenging’ students with individualised strategies as well as leading on whole school de-escalation strategies.
• Represent the academy at Inclusion sub group and oversee all incoming/outgoing managed moves.
• Carry out daily lesson ‘drop ins’ to monitor/record/review/analyse climate for learning and student experience of students identified for behaviour modification support.
• Rigorously monitor/analyse behaviour modification strategies every half-term and provide a half termly report to behaviour leadership team including key actions/priorities for the term ahead.
• Coordinate the collation of behaviour data and sharing of that data/information with other relevant stakeholders.
• In cases of fixed and permanent exclusions, assist the SVP/AP with the preparation and tracking of all documentation for the SEMH/ Governors panel.
• Attend and contribute to the Middle Leadership Group within the school.
• Coordinate academy duty rotas, ensuring appropriate supervision at all times.
• Deputise for the Senior Vice Principal in the day-to-day responsibility for behaviour management systems.
• Other areas as directed by the Assistant / Senior Vice Principal.
Leeds West Academy is an over-subscribed 11-18 school. Thriving in a state of the art building with stunning views over the River Aire, our Academy is committed to delivering an outstanding education to each and every one of our students. We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds West Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
To apply visit http://www.leedswestacademy.org.uk/About-Us/Vacancies/ in order to download an application form. Once completed please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advert closing date: Thursday 1st March 2018
Shortlisting: Friday 2nd March 2018
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 5th March 2018
Start Date: ASAP upon DBS clearance