Academy: Leeds East Academy
Job Title: Behaviour and Attendance Leader
Grade: P32 - 35 PO3 £36,665. Pro Rata £33,915 TTO + 20 Days 39 Hours Per Week. 7.30am start
Accountable to: Pastoral Leader (Relevant Key Stage)
Leeds East Academy is a diverse and vibrant school community which has recently been judged as ‘Good’ across all areas of the Ofsted framework. In the Ofsted report inspectors commented; 'Leaders' aspirations for the school are high. They are determined that all of their pupils, regardless of background, will achieve as highly as possible. Leaders have created an ambitious and optimistic culture across the school'. Over the last 3 years three years the school has been on a rapid journey of improvement securing a progress 8 score in 2018 in line with the national average. Housed within a state-of-the-art new school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area. Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to lead a team dedicated to improving outcomes, aspirations and life chances of our young people.
The Behaviour and Attendance Leader will support the implementation of the Academy strategic priorities, focusing predominantly on the promotion of positive student behaviour and attendance.
The post holder will ensure effective day-to-day monitoring and strong line-management of the Behaviour and Attendance Manager and Seclusion Manager, ensuring behaviour, attitudes, attendance, personal development and safeguarding provided is of the highest standard. This will result in a strong ethos of positive behaviour and attendance across the academy.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the designated staff within the senior leadership team, take appropriate steps to ensure that all students are safe and happy both inside and outside of the Academy. Be a key member of the LEA Safeguarding Team.
- Ensure, through robust line management the work of the Pastoral Team including Behaviour and Attendance Managers and Seclusion Manager.
- Work with the Inclusive Learning Leader to ensure robust systems are implemented so the Internal Exclusion Unit, PLC and Seclusion run effectively, carefully tracking student progress and personal development within the provision.
- Work with the Year 7 and the Post 16 transition team to identify students with specific behavioural and attendance needs, planning individualised transition support programme.
- Work with staff who struggle to manage ‘significant challenging’ students with individualised strategies as well as leading on whole school de-escalation, restorative and Pivotal strategies being a role model to others.
- Represent the academy where appropriate and oversee all incoming/outgoing managed moves.
- Carry out lesson ‘drop ins’ to monitor/record/review/analyse climate for learning and student experience of students identified for behaviour modification support.
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation.
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, The Luminate Education Group, which is one of the largest and most successful FE/HE College Groups in the UK. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our Academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly Outstanding Trust.
As a Trust, we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
Closing Date: 16th July 2019 - 12.00 pm
Shortlisting Date: W/C 16th July 2019
Interview Date: 22nd July and 23rd July 2019
Start Date: September 2019 / Asap
For more information, please visit our website at www.leedseastacademy.org.uk . To apply, please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 16th July 2019 at 12.00pm. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.