Vision for Education is one of the fastest growing educational recruitment consultancies in the UK. Due to rapid expansion and continued successes due to our reputation and approach, we are seeking an experienced Behaviour Teaching Assistant for an immediate start in Thirsk, North Yorkshire.
Our SEND Team here at Vision for Education specialises in the re-engagement of students that have been excluded from school, or who are out of education; subsequently, we are looking to recruit a keen Behaviour Teaching Assistant.
The units and provisions we work with provide bespoke, child-centred, high quality education programmes, which ensure that all the students have outstanding opportunities to re-integrate into regular or specialist education.
The position of 'Behaviour Classroom Assistant' offers a fantastic opportunity to use your skills and expertise to help young people to become successful at learning, confident as individuals, and to live productive and responsible lives.
- To work 1:1 with students who demonstrate challenging behaviour and who may be statemented or have Special Educational Needs.
- To facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
- To mentor and engage with the student, delivering specifically designed educational packages.
- To work alongside the classroom teacher
Requirements - A successful candidate must:
- Have adequate training and professional teaching assistant or support worker experience within areas of special needs
- Be patient, engaging, inspiring, creative, consistent, and calm when under pressure.
- Be computer literate, an excellent communicator and familiar with the Education system
- We require someone who enjoys the immensely rewarding work or inspiring students who are emotionally and/or socially challenged and who has the ability to establish positive learning experiences through intuitive and creative learning.
- Have an interest in Education and Training
- Preferably have training such as ‘Team Teach’, ‘MAPA’ or equivalent de-escalation and restraint training
We require someone who enjoys the immensely rewarding work of inspiring students who are emotionally and/or socially challenged and who have the ability to establish positive learning experiences through intuitive and creative learning.