Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Behaviour Mentor to work 1:1 with primary students at a lovely new special needs school in Brent. This well-resourced school caters for students with social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH) difficulties. The head teacher is supportive and fully invested in the teachers and support staff at the school. As the school is quite small, it has a welcoming atmosphere and family-like feel to it. The successful Behaviour Mentor will have previous experience working with students with special needs and will have strong behaviour management skills. This role is available to start ASAP on a temporary basis initially with the possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate.
About the Role
• Behaviour Mentor
• Will be supporting primary students with SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health) difficulties
• Working 1:1 or 2:1
• Role to begin ASAP (September 2019) with a possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate
• Daily rate starting from £70 (depending on experience)
About the School
• Newly opened Primary Pupil Referral Unit in Brent
• Very supportive leadership team
• Small class sizes with 2-3 support staff in each class
• All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
• Caters for children with SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health difficulties)
• Soft-play room and a therapy room on site
• Multiple therapists to work with the children and their families
• Specialised music room
• Breakfasts and lunch provided by a chef onsite each day
• School provides CPD training for staff
• Close to transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the Behaviour Mentor will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN or SEMH difficulties (desirable)
• Have strong behaviour management skills (essential)
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC0509BM.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.