We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced individual to join our current team to work at the brand new Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form. This is an opportunity for a hard-working professional to work with some of the most disadvantaged, hardest to reach students. You will be working in a supportive, nurturing culture that sets high expectations of educational outcome whilst supporting students to make individual progress towards wider fulfilment.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Support the consistent implementation of the academy Behaviour for Learning policy
- Take responsibility for the calm and purposeful entrance and exit of students into/out of the academy
- Work effectively to ensure students are monitored and supervised before school, during break and throughout lunch
- Take responsibility for calm and purposeful movement around the academy between lessons.
- Manage detentions.
- Act as the liaison between the academy and the local community, including the police, for any aspect of behaviour issues arising during the academy day (including truancy sweeps and liaising with local shopkeepers)
- Ensure that students enter the building in full academy uniform and, if not, follow the agreed procedures
As an employee with the Harris Federation, you will receive a generous benefits package, including performance and loyalty bonus, pension scheme (LGPS), Harris wellbeing cash plan and additional Harris benefits.
About Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form
Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form is opening in a brand new and easily accessible state of the art campus in South Norwood in September 2018. Providing an outstanding vocational education, the sixth form will prepare students for skills based work or transition to university for students in Croydon and surrounding boroughs. Integral to this new academy will be an alternative provision centre, Harris Aspire, made up of both key stage 3 and key stage 4 pupils. Aspire will take a welfare driven, pastoral approach to supporting students in reframing attitudes to education, without sacrificing educational progress and attainment. Utilising a rich curriculum which blends both academic and vocational subjects, teachers and a range of therapeutic professionals will work as one team to break down barriers to education whilst supporting the intellectual, emotional and social development of the pupils in our care.
Why work at Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form?
- The opportunity to be part of a brand new academy for young people in Croydon and the surrounding areas
- State-of-the-art facilities for each course, with modern classrooms and learning suites
- Excellent prospects for personal and professional development as the academy grows
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
For more information, or to arrange a visit or a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact the academy on 020 8253 7777 or email@example.com.
The Harris Federation offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development. No matter what stage you are at or what job you do, we will support and develop your skills, with our Teaching School delivering outstanding courses for staff at every level.
As part of Harris, you will have the opportunity to progress within a close regional network, with regular opportunities for promotion available both within the academy and across the Federation.
We have a highly experienced team of leaders, including executive principals, mentors and subject specialists, all committed to supporting your career and developing your skills.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.