Post: Behaviour Mentor
Type of Contract: Full time / Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Scale: Grade 6/193 day contract £18,115 - £19,225
Closing Date: 9am Friday 24th January 2020
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday 27th January 2020
We are pleased to be able to offer an opportunity for an enthusiastic and inspirational practitioner to work within our established inclusion unit.
Quantum is a short term facility located on-site which supports students who have been temporarily removed from lessons due to behaviour choices. The purpose of Quantum is two fold. It provides a period of supervised personal reflection and working in a quiet environment followed by a period of adult led learning and restorative reflection on a 1:1 or small group basis. The aim of Quantum is to return students to lessons, ready to learn, as quickly as possible.
Applicants will be highly motivated and have a passion to ensure that our learners achieve the very best that they can at all times. The core purpose of the role will be to uphold the core standards of pride, respect and achievement with all learners but also ensure that all students receive the highest standard of bespoke support.
The Learning Mentor will assist in planning and leading day to day learning activities. They will be supported by the Inclusion Manager and will liaise with teaching and pastoral staff to identify solutions to support students with their behaviour choices to be able to return to mainstream learning.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be:
● Experienced in education and have knowledge of strategies that work with children who have experienced difficulty in managing their own behaviour
● Someone with very good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work positively with learners
● Creative in their approach to working with young people
● Able to demonstrate inclusive practice
● Passionate about developing children as learners and understand how children learn in a secondary and inclusive setting
● A professional with a passion for learning and able to work in a dynamic environment
All post information can be downloaded either from this advert or from
If you would like more information about this post please contact Ms Rachael Atkinson, Assistant Headteacher.
Please provide a covering letter, along with your completed application form, in which you outline how your skills and experience meet the person specification (no more than one side of A4). Completed applications should be returned to Mrs J Carruthers, Burnside College, St. Peter’s Road, Wallsend, NE28 7LQ (or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org) by 9am on Friday 24th January 2020.