We are looking for a Behaviour Mentor to join our strong and supportive team at Harris Academy Rainham.
Your role will be to support staff and students promoting a safe environment with excellent levels of behaviour so everyone is entitled to learn. You will help overcome barriers to learning using a range of techniques, including pupil counselling, focussing on the academic, social and emotional wellbeing of the pupils.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Rainham, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. You will need:
- An interest in educational issues and, ideally, an understanding of the legislation affecting student behaviour and attendance
- Experience of working within a team and managing conflict and, ideally, of working in a busy school environment and with children and young adults
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, and competent when using ICT (including Microsoft Office)
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Academy Rainham
Harris Academy Rainham joined the Harris Federation (a not-for-profit charity with 25 years of experience in education) in September 2016. In joining Harris, we have become part of a family of happy and highly successful primary and secondary schools in London and Essex and have the benefit of a team of experts in education who can provide teachers and leaders at Harris Rainham with a great deal of focused support.
Why work at Harris Academy Rainham?
- The opportunity to be part of a new chapter for this school as part of the Harris Federation
- Exceptional personal and professional development and promotion opportunities across the Federation network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package - see our benefits page for more information.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. We have transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. Social mobility is the Holy Grail for the pupils we serve. The key to their futures is a high quality education.
We want every child in London to have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.