Required for September 2018
Behaviour Support Officer - Exclusion Unit Co-ordinator
Salary Scale: Girl’s Learning Trust Grade Range 3 (£20,667 – £22,425) per annum pro rata Actual Salary (£17,617 - £19,173)
Consideration of GLT Range 4 (£22,956 – £24,999 per annum pro rata)
Actual Salary (£19,627 - £21,374) for suitably qualified and experienced candidate.
Hours: 36 hours per week: 8:20am to 16:00pm Term Time + 1 week
Type of Contract: Permanent
Carshalton High School for Girls is a high achieving school judged by Ofsted in November 2017 as Good in all categories and Good overall.
We are a highly successful comprehensive school in the South West London/North Surrey area looking to appoint a suitably qualified Behaviour Support Officer to co-ordinate the work of our on-site exclusion unit.
The role will involve organising the day to day running of the unit as well as undertaking elements of support for students whose behaviour may be a barrier to learning. This is an exciting opportunity as the role provides a degree of autonomy for the successful candidate to organise their own workload. An understanding of Safeguarding is essential as well as a willingness to undertake training.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of working with or caring for children aged between 11 to 18
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good numeracy/literacy skills
• Ability to relate well to children and adults
• Ability to work constructively as part of a team
• An understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities
• A highly professional manner
What we can offer you:
• A welcoming, friendly and supportive environment.
• A culture of distributed leadership.
• Opportunities and encouragement to develop both personally and professionally.
• A school that has wellbeing as a high priority.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form, and send it to the Headteacher’s PA Mrs Sam Willard.
In line with our recruitment policy and for the protection of our students, the successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS checks. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Closing Date for Applications: Noon on Monday 16th July 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 18th July 2018