Behavioural Support Worker For Pupil Referral Unit
Kirklees - December / January 2017 - Full time Supply role
Vision are currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in Kirklees as they look to appoint a confident and driven Behaviour Support Worker to support students aged 11 – 16 full time. This setting provides education to pupils that are unable to attend mainstream school for whatever reason.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be outgoing and committed
- Have the ability to build good relationships with others
- Have experience in similar settings
The successful Teaching Assistant will be working 1:1 offering pastoral and practical support, facing new situations every day so it is important that you are adaptable and remain confidential at all times. As a Teaching Assistant, previous experience within a similar setting would be preferred yet not essential as the main focus is to find the type of person that will have a positive influence. Ideally you will have a Team Teach qualification yet again this isn’t essential as we offer free courses for successful candidates.
This role can be extremely challenging but highly rewarding engaging with vulnerable young people, families and other agencies to help them develop and achieve.
To apply for this opportunity, or to discuss this further please either contact the Huddersfield SEND office on 01484 642928 or apply with a recent CV to email@example.com.
What Vision can offer you?
Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Free access to all CPD such as Team Teach, Autism awareness and Safeguarding qualifications
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEN consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week