Runnymede College is a private non-denominational British school in Madrid offering a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of three to eighteen. The education offered follows the British National Curriculum.
Founded as a private school in September 1967, the primary school was inaugurated in 1987, and since 1990, the whole School has been situated in La Moraleja, a residential estate 13 km to the north of Madrid.
We are an excellent and well established school based in Madrid looking to recruit a bilingual Management & Communications Assistant.
This is a hands on, multifaceted role with a wide range of responsibilities. These include:
Assistant to the Projects Director
- Assist with any ad hoc project as required (compiling excel reports, market research, presentations and following up ongoing projects)
- Assist with campus development project (including interacting with architects and researching design features)
- Assist with budget planning and reporting (interacting with Bursars and Financial advisors)
- Assist with design and implementation of efficiency improvement strategies (including order and facilities management procedures)
- Effectively manage the school social media communications (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Produce content in line with the school ethos
- Liaise with teachers via slack with regard to social media content
- Ensure the website is kept up to date and adding relevant content as required
- Coordinate with the IT programmer responsible for the website
- Communicate with the subcontracted marketing agency to produce marketing materials such as brochures and prospectus in line with school design
- Assist with the presentation of the school newspaper
- Reach out to alumni and ensure that the database is kept up to date (Excel)
- Organise and send mass mailings using Mail Chimp
- Communicate with alumni with regard to work placements and internships as well as arranging for them to come to speak to pupils
- Organise alumni events
- Supervise campus maintenance procedures
- Optimise efficiency, design and implement new procedures
Successful applicants should:
- be a native level English speaker
- have a degree from a British university
- be able to work on a Mac computer, use Microsoft Office (Excel), social media platforms and slack
- have experience in business planning and project management is a plus
- have knowledge of Photoshop is a plus
The ideal candidate will:
- be a self-starter who is able to take initiative
- have a friendly disposition
This is a really hands on role where there is room to grow. This position is ideal for someone looking for long term stability in a very pleasant working environment.
Please complete the TES online application form and attaching a CV and cover letter.
Runnymede is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.