We are looking for an innovative, dynamic teacher with a growth mindset and high expectations. This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant science faculty. Experience of delivering a skills-based curriculum at Key Stage 3 would be an advantage. Experience of teaching Chemistry or Biology to IB or A-Level is essential.
St Julian’s is a well-resourced successful non-selective British international school with a reputation for academic excellence. We have fantastic students and a hard-working and motivated staff. We understand that every student requires more than academic skills to succeed and and are a school which believes in cultivating academic excellence through holistic education.
We value skills-based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and IB Diploma. We seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. SJS provides a 1:1 iPad programme for students in Years 7 and 8 and uses Google Apps for Education as a learning platform.
Successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- Have a strong learning-focused philosophy
- A working knowledge of Google Apps and the confidence to work in Key stage 3 classrooms with iPads would be an advantage
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is 16th January 2018.
Interviews will take place in London in January.
Please submit the application form by email, including a cover letter, C.V., and names of 3 references to our HR Manager, Ms Paula Soares at email@example.com.
St. Julian’s School, 2775-588 Carcavelos, Portugal
IB World School