Title: Biology Science Technician (Maternity Cover)
Closing Date: 12pm, Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 2nd May 2019
Salary: Up to £18,566.79 per annum depending on experience (pro rata)
Nelson and Colne College are an Ofsted Outstanding College with an excellent local reputation. We are looking for Biology Science Technician to join our talented and learner focused team on a 38-week term-time only basis working approximately 14 hours per week (Monday & Friday). This post is a maternity cover position and is fixed term until April 2020.
Working with the Science department, the successful candidate will be able to prepare and maintain resources for Level 2, Level 3 and A-Level Biological Science including preparing micro-biological media and culture. The ideal candidate will have a “hands-on” approach and demonstrate best practice in line with the College’s policies and procedures.
Main duties include:
• Research, design and trial practicals, as required
• Set-up and remove equipment in laboratories, as required
• Clean and maintain equipment and apparatus
• Care for plant and animal collections
• Assist in practical classes, when required
• Safe treatment and disposal of materials, including hazardous substances
The ideal candidate will have:
• Level 2 qualification in Science, Maths and English at Grade C or above
• Keep up to date with current laboratory practise
• Experience of working in a biological science laboratory (desirable)
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete the online application process.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.