St. George’s English School Bilbao is a private school in Leioa, Bizkaia (Spain) that aspires to the highest educational standards and takes an international approach, focusing on providing a values-based education and achieving fluency in English. We aim to stimulate a lifelong passion for learning, encouraging every child to fulfil their academic, personal and professional goals. We follow the prestigious British National Curriculum from Early Years to Year 7.
The school is part of the Globeducate group, one of the 5 largest educational groups in the world. Globeducate owns more than 50 schools worldwide, across three continents, and has more than 40 years’ experience in the education sector. For more information about Globeducate please visit our website: www.globeducate.com
St. George's English School in Bilbao is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and skilful biology teacher with qualified teacher status to join our fantastic team of secondary school teachers to cover a temporary leave.
We are looking for a Biology Teacher, English speaker, to teach in secondary stage.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A degree in biology or similar
- Teacher Education qualification
- English mother tongue level
- Eligible to work in the E.U.
- Immidiate availability to start
- Two years teaching experience
- Good ICT skills
- Desirable experience in laboratory
SKILLS & PERSONAL QUALITIES
• Strong personal and interpersonal skills
• An ability to lead by example to staff and pupils
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
• Strong organisational skills
• A pro-active nature
• The ability to motivate students and colleagues
• A team player
• An ability to work both independently and collaboratively
SUBJECT TEACHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead by example to uphold the school and Globeducate group’s mission statement
• Promote effective learning for all students in your care through excellent teaching
• Assist in the planning, preparing and delivering departmental schemes of work in accordance with the students´ needs and interests
• Create an effective and stimulating learning environment
• Mark, test, assess and record in line with school and department policy
• Use progress data to inform subject planning
• Complete end of term reports in line with school policy
• Liaise with the Senior Managers regarding any problems or concerns over individual students
• Follow and adhere to the school policies in all areas of the school
• Meet regularly with parents to discuss pupil progress
• Attend and participate in weekly meetings
• Keep abreast of developments within your subject area
• Undertake all other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Management Team
• For tutors, fulfil all tutor responsibilities with your tutor group
WHAT DO WE OFFER
• Temporary contract
• Start Date ASAP, until January 2022.
Our school is committed to the safeguarding of children and promoting child welfare. The appointment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please submit your application by sending us your Curriculum Vitae with a recent photo and a written statement in support of your application.
For more information about Globeducate, please visit: www.globeducate.com
You will find further information about St. Georges English School on our website: www.st-george.com
St George's British International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
The schoolhas been active since 1956 and continues to offer high-level academic programs, solid values and promoting good behavior. With the stability of many years of experience, the San George's School is a combination of the use of the latest te...