Dyatmika School is a not for profit school on the beautiful island of Bali, Indonesia. We are seeking a qualified and experienced teacher of Biology, with scope to teach up to AS / A level (Cambridge) Biology as well as IGCSE Coordinated Sciences (biology strand), and Lower Secondary Cambridge Science. Contract is July 2020 - July 2022, renewable.
We ask that you:
• have a relevant degree, full teaching qualification and 5 years teaching in this area (Indonesian immigration requirements)
• have experience teaching up to Advanced Level Biology
• be less than 60 years young at the end of contract, as stipulated by Indonesian Immigration. This is not how Dyatmika views the vast experience that teachers in this age bracket bring to teaching, but we are bound by regulations.
It would also be an advantage to have:
• working knowledge of the Cambridge International Curriculum
• experience teaching bilingual students
• experience mentoring within a team of teachers
• some Indonesian language or a willingness to learn
• a willingness to renew the initial contact
Additional selection criteria include:
• a high standard of teaching practice and a commitment to professional learning
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• being a strong team player
• demonstrating respect for a diverse school culture
• a sense of proportion and the capacity to adapt to life in Bali
• a clear fit with the ethos of Dyatmika School
Although not essential, we would welcome a candidate with experience of leading the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award.
What you can expect from us:
Dyatmika is a supportive school community with a collegial feel, a positive parent body, students who want to learn and achieve a high standard. We offer you:
• a competitive salary
• initial accommodation and a housing allowance
• a resettlement allowance
• full International medical insurance
• visa costs
• incoming flights / annual flights
• professional learning opportunities
• Indonesian language lessons
Details are provided to short listed candidates.
Visit our career site to learn more about Dyatmika School.
Teachers at Dyatmika have an excellent lifestyle in well-appointed accommodation. They enjoy interesting intercultural opportunities as well as a wide range of leisure activities including water and land-based sports; a vibrant music, yoga and salsa dancing scene; world class literary, film and food festivals, or simply relaxing on nearby beaches.
Bali is situated in an intriguing part of the world. Our teachers delight in weekend breaks within Bali and the offshore islands. The airport gives easy access to this fascinating region and other international destinations.
Please do not reapply at this time if you have applied in December 2019.
Please apply via the TES portal. We will favour applications that clearly address the requirements of this vacancy and explain specifically why you would like to join us at Dyatmika.
If you are unable to access the TES portal please send a CV and covering letter (4 pages in total) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your Skype, email and phone contacts; a photo and the details of 2 referees.
Address all applications to Julie Browett (Director).
When to apply
Please apply speedily. There will be a rolling schedule of shortlisting and interviews. We will potentially appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.