Would you like to use your Biology skills to teach highly motivated students in a welcoming and supportive environment? We are looking to appoint a teacher of Biology who has the subject knowledge and desire to inspire our extremely engaged, articulate and diverse student body. The school greatly values the contribution that the study of the Sciences brings to its curriculum offer and to the all-round development of the students, helping them flourish as global citizens.
We are proud to have such consistently large cohorts of students opting to take A level Biology, many of whom go on to study Sciences at top universities. We provide a rigorous and supportive education and a broad range of co-curricular opportunities to extend student learning.
Newly qualified teachers are very welcome to apply - we support the development of new teachers through an excellent NQT training programme and the Science departments are very supportive in their approach.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
- ideally be confident in teaching Biology to high achieving students to GCSE and A level. However, new teachers will be supported in developing the knowledge and skills necessary for teaching to A level over a period of time
- be able to teach all three sciences to Key Stage 3
- be passionate about personal and professional development and demonstrate a willingness to engage with the findings of evidence-based research through our whole school CPD programme
- help extend and enrich students’ school experiences beyond the curriculum
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful Biology department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra curricular activities flourish
- a CPD provision focusing on areas of research and development
- a diverse workplace, with an engaged student and staff community who are currently collaborating on a review of the school’s approach to equality, diversity and inclusion
- a two week October half term
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6).
For further information about our school, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form on this page or available on our website or contact the school office. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 19 April 2021
Interview date: Friday 23 April 2021
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.
The Tiffin Girls' School
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
About The Tiffin Girls' School
The Tiffin Girls’ School, a selective state school, is a vibrant and happy community where the girls take centre stage. The school is currently home to 1114 girls, aged between 11 and 18, and for over 135 years has been...