CFBL is looking to recruit an experienced Biology Teacher to teach the French curriculum from January 2022.
ROLE: Biology Teacher, Secondary – teaching 3 groups of Yr 7 and 1 group of Yr 8 (10 hours per week over 3 days)
REPORTS TO: Deputy Head for Secondary
As a teacher of Biology, you will be an exceptional classroom practitioner who consistently demonstrate top standard of delivery, is fully committed to raising fulfilment across all key stages and acutely aware of the strategies required to achieve the best within their subject area.
The Teacher of Biology, working with other members of the CFBL teaching team, will be responsible for the delivery of the following key priorities:
● To provide outstanding teaching to create a vibrant and distinctive culture for learning for young people
● To ensure all students are able to thrive and engage in academic learning to achieve above and beyond their highest potential whilst developing personal skills
● To plan and execute a diverse program that meets individual learner needs within the Biology curriculum
You will inspire our stakeholders by:
● Understanding French standards within the subject area and ensuring these are followed
● Using effective target setting systems for all students
● Identifying effective intervention and mentoring strategies for students within Biology
● Ensuring that all the work you do for the CFBL follows the vision and values to form a successful college
● Being an outstanding practitioner and by undertaking a teaching commitment depending on the needs of the College
● Attending College meetings and committees as required.
● Undertaking such other duties as are commensurate with the post and which may reasonably be required by the Deputy Head for Secondary.
You will enhance young people’s experience by:
● Teaching students according to their educational needs, including the appropriate setting and marking of work to be carried out by the students
● Assessing, recording and reporting on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students whilst keeping electronic records as required
● Contributing to reports and references relating to individual students
● Ensuring a high-quality learning experience for students, which meet internal and external quality standards.
● Preparing and regularly updating subject materials.
● Using a variety of delivery methods, which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
● Maintaining discipline in accordance with the CFBL procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and independent learning.
● Marking and grading students work which enables you to give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback
● Supporting and motivating students to allow them to grow and enhance their own skills in both achieving qualifications and work ready
● Ensuring all students understand the expected standards of behaviour and be prepared to intervene where these are standards are not followed
● Ensuring a safe, secure and healthy environment for students
You will protect our students by:
● Responding effectively and immediately to safeguarding/child protection concerns raised by staff, pupils or brought to the CFBL’s attention through other means
● Ensuring that safeguarding policies are followed and communicated effectively
You will ensure that CFBL is a success by working collaboratively with other CFBL staff to:
● Have an effective understanding of your own accountability, and develop approaches to its review and evaluation
● Work as part of CFBL quality team
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the school as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the College Français Bilingue de Londres (CFBL). Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the CFBL.
Housed in a listed Victorian building in the heart of London, Ofsted Outstanding-rated CFBL hosts 700 students from Nursery to Year 10 in a warm and welcoming environment. With over 35 nationalities represented in the student body, and a particular e...