BMAT Data Systems Officer
Beacon Multi-Academy Trust
Salary circa £30-35K
(Starting salary dependent upon qualifications and experience)
Full-time 36 hours per week, 52.14 weeks per year
Beacon Academy Trust are currently seeking to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic team member to join our Trust as a Data Systems Officer.
The successful applicant will work with the BMAT Senior Data Manager as part of the Data Team to provide an efficient and effective system and data management service to the school community.
This is a great opportunity for someone to take on responsibility for the maintenance, development and promotion of a variety of software packages and to develop their skills and knowledge, as a key member of a growing team in a vibrant and interesting environment.
The successful applicant will have:
- English and Maths GCSE A to C grade (essential)
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent (essential)
- Previous experience of working in a busy, professional, educational environment.
- Experience of managing software applications, preferably those in use in education e.g. SIMS, Groupcall, ParentPay, Moodle, Cashless Catering systems etc.
- Some technical ICT experience desirable – server management, remote support etc.
- Good communication, ICT and organisational skills, with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- The ability to work on their own initiative with an eye for detail.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- BMAT – Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
An application form can be found at www.beaconacademytrust.co.uk.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position, therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
General Role Profile, Purpose of role
- To provide a professional, effective and efficient data systems service for the Beacon Multi Academy Trust.
- To be responsible for the management and development of systems that deliver specific services alongside SIMS, including (but not limited to) Parent Pay, Group Call, IMPACT Cashless Catering, Moodle, Kerboodle
- To act as the primary contact for parents, staff and students for enquiries related to associated systems.
- To develop processes and procedures to streamline and effectively manage user access to systems in collaboration with HR, MIS and ICT services.
- To create, manage and maintain system user access and information (including biometric data) in line with General Data Protection Guidelines and school policies.
- To provide system training to users when required.
- To liaise with suppliers to escalate problems and manage updates and upgrades.
- To act as the main contact and facilitator for implementation of new associated systems.
- To facilitate supplier remote access to systems in a secure way when necessary for second line support.
- To manage all end of year procedures for associated systems.
- To provide information and statistics related to system usage and effectiveness.
- To assist the Data Manager with complex data tasks.
- To work as an proactive, effective and efficient member of the Data Team by providing assistance to colleagues when asked, and asking for help when needed.
- Liaise with the finance team in adherence of internal financial controls
- To understand the nature of this role and to ensure confidentiality
- To support with ad-hoc duties
- Liaising with internal staff and external suppliers via telephone and email as required
The above-mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, duties, responsibilities of the post may change as requirements and circumstances change.
The post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as requested by management.
BMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Essential experience, skills and qualifications
- Level 2 Qualification at grade C or above in English, Maths
- Level 3 Qualifications or equivalent
- Proven recent relevant experience of working within a busy school data / ICT environment
- A high level of ICT literacy, including MS Office, particularly MS Excel
- Experience of using and developing ICT systems and procedures.
- The ability to adapt to both varying tasks and those of a routine nature.
- The ability to undertake a wide range of administrative tasks.
- The ability to absorb information readily and speedily and work under pressure.
- The ability to quickly learn new software systems
- The ability to respond effectively to staff, outside agencies, the Local Authority, suppliers and the general public at all levels, both in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to work well within a team, and support colleagues
- Reliable, respectful and confident
- A good understanding of the need for data protection, confidentiality and secure data systems.
- Commitment to and understanding of equal opportunities.
- Flexibility as the role may require working between schools within the Trust.
- Adhering to all BMAT policies and procedures
Desirable experience, skills and qualifications
- Degree Qualification or equivalent
- Previous ICT / software support experience
- An understanding of the data and ICT requirements of a school/academy
- Experience of server maintenance