BMAT Exams Officer
Salary range: LBR Scale 8: £31,548 - £33,291
(Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience)
Full-time 36 hours per week, 52.14 weeks per year
We are looking to appoint an experienced, well-organised, enthusiastic and highly effective Exams Officer. You will be responsible for the effective, efficient administration and conduct of internal and public examinations on the Beal High School site, whilst ensuring that all awarding body regulations are adhered to.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Exams professional to join the Trust at a time of reorganisation, development and expansion.
The Exams Officer will work closely with the Senior MIS and Data Manager and the Exams Officers responsible for other BMAT sites.
You will have:
- A full current driving licence and access to a car
- Knowledge, ability and experience of using SIMS Exams Organiser in a busy Secondary School setting.
- An excellent level of IT skill, especially Microsoft Excel
- Experience in, and/or a commitment to, working with young people.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- BMAT – Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
An Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
Further information and an application form can be found at www.beaconacademytrust.co.uk
Please forward your electronic applications to email@example.com
Please note we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers, therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
General Role Profile
Purpose of role
To provide effective and efficient administration of internal and public examinations, and to liaise with teachers, students, parents and examination boards in respect of examination requirements, entries, results and communications, ensuring the school adheres to all awarding body regulation.
To be responsible for all aspects of the conduct of internal and external examinations.
To contribute to the smooth running and coordination of exams across all Trust sites.
To work closely with other members of the BMAT Exams Team, and the Senior MIS and Data Manager to ensure that exams are delivered in a smooth, secure and equable fashion across the trust.
To promote the school’s Mission Statement and to work to establish the values and vision it expresses in all aspects of the school’s work.
General duties and responsibilities
- To work as a key member of the team co-ordinating the entries, seating and delivery of exams for Beal Sixth Form which is situated across two sites – Beal High School and The Forest Academy. This may require travel between sites, including the secure transportation of exam papers and completed scripts.
- To liaise with school leadership team to develop clear and effective processes to process student entries, ensuring timely return of disseminated paperwork and avoidance of late entry fees wherever possible.
- To be responsible for the submission of examination registrations, entries, forecast grades and coursework marks for external exams to the Awarding Bodies for all public exams
- Arrange rooming, timetabling, deployment & management of invigilators and dissemination of information to staff, students and parents within JCQ guidelines and school policy, liaising with other staff as necessary
- Remedy any exam clashes and make appropriate provisions for students within JCQ guidelines
- Receive, check, sort and secure external examination papers as they arrive and be responsible for examination stationery in line with JCQ regulations
- Check, pack and arrange the despatch of all external examination papers by relevant authorised means
- Ensure exams are conducted to the standards required by the JCQ
- Be responsible for the daily running of public examinations including seating plans, candidate numbers and also organising all requirements of practical exams
- Communicate and coordinate with estates and facilities staff about practical arrangements that need to be made for furniture set up in exam venues.
- Brief students on examination systems, procedures, and conduct
- To produce guidelines for staff and students, including exam session conduct guidelines to all students and staff
- To collate and distribute statements of entry to students and exam timetable
- Collaborate with the Learning Support Department in making appropriate access arrangements for students with special educational needs; ensuring provision for students with access arrangements and special consideration requests are implemented
- Arrange re-marks, reports and enquiries about exam results with the examination board; to manage access to script requests and to ensure information on all these services is available to staff and students
- Provide relevant statistics on examination entry and examination results to the Senior Leadership Group (especially on the day of restricted release of results) and to other colleagues as required
- To ensure there is a full complement of trained exam invigilators and to manage the work of other staff who are deployed during the exam season
- To ensure release of exam results, deal with queries and requests for re-marks
- To manage the distribution of exam certificates
- To analyse and provide exam data as required
- To liaise with the Finance Department as required
The above-mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, duties, responsibilities of the post may change as requirements and circumstances change.
The post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as requested by management.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of JCQ Regulations and Awarding Body processes
- SIMS experience, specifically Exams Organiser
- Skilled in use of Ms Excel (including use of formulae)
- Proficient in Word and other Office products
- High level of ICT literacy and keyboard skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent written English and effective communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with people at all levels
- Experience of undertaking a wide range of clerical, administrative and general duties
- High level of accuracy
- Work to deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Reliable, respectful, responsible & conscientious approach
- High level of imitative and ability to work independently or as part of a team with a range of staff
- Integrity and confidentiality to be maintained at all times
- Able to remain good humored, calm and composed under pressure and work to deadlines
- Flexibility to deal with diverse needs of the post and movement between departments and the Trust