We would like to appoint two full-time Matrons to key residential roles working in established Boarding House teams. The successful candidates will assist the Housemaster and Housemistress in providing pastoral care of teenage boys and girls. Matron is a responsible and caring person, who would enjoy working and living in our School community.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Proven ability to form professional relationships with teenagers
• A sympathetic and understanding approach with a good sense of humour
• Previous supervisory skills, this would be an advantage as you will have light supervision of a team of domestic staff
• Good all-round ICT skills
The Matron’s main responsibility is to support the Housemaster / Housemistress by ensuring the welfare and well-being of boys and girls in the Boarding House, and the smooth running of the domestic and laundry arrangements of the house. The Matron requires understanding and sympathy with the pupils, balancing friendly disposition with the need to maintain discipline.
These are very interesting and rewarding roles working during term-time and provides school accommodation all year around to the successful full-time candidate.
A full application pack and job description can be obtained from https://www.shrewsbury.org.uk/page/job-vacancies, alternatively email email@example.com.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 9 April 2021
Interviews will take place week commencing 19 April 2021
Applicants will undergo thorough safeguarding & child protection screening including checks with the Disclosure & Barring Service.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 13 - 18 years
A brief history of Shrewsbury:
Set above a gracious curve of the River Severn, amidst what Sir Neville Cardus described as “the most beautiful playing fields in the world”, Shrewsbury is a co-educational school of some 780 pupil...