To start as soon as possible. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and would be delighted to receive applications from Teachers and non-Teachers alike for this post.
- We are seeking to make a new Houseparent appointment for Islip House, our brand new boarding house on Banbury Road
- There will be two resident Houseparents, each with their own two-bedroom flat on the ground floor of the house
- d’Overbroeck’s has its own pay scale and pension scheme.
- For further information about the school and the post visit: www.doverbroecks.com/posts.
- There is no fixed closing date for this position. All applications will be considered on receipt – please apply as soon as possible.
Overview of the role
Houseparents are responsible, in a pastoral and practical sense, for all aspects of the running of their House. They are responsible for its smooth and orderly running and for the welfare and wellbeing of the students within it.
In conjunction with the colleagues in the Boarding Office, Houseparents are responsible for overseeing the domestic and health & safety arrangements in the House and for ensuring that students are supervised effectively and appropriately and that the House rules are observed by everyone in the House.
Relevant experience of working in a comparable role or of having held comparable responsibilities in a different context would be highly desirable.
In addition, and given the nature and responsibilities associated with the role, candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- Well-developed emotional intelligence and a mature, responsible, patient and resilient attitude to life and work;
- A commitment to promoting safeguarding of children and to continued professional development in this respect;
- The ability to work as a member of a team with a commitment to high standards of pastoral care;
- An ability to be firm while doing so in a friendly, engaging and respectful manner;
- Very well developed communication skills, both in person and in writing;
- Good, reliable and balanced judgement;
- The ability to handle pressure where necessary;
- A sense of humour.
Salary and pension
The school has its own pay scale (above main scale) and optional pension scheme
If you would like any further information at this stage, please feel free to telephone the Head of Boarding, Felisa Deas, on 07909 971077.
Applicants should complete the Form entitled Application for a Non-Teaching Post which can be downloaded from the web-site www.doverbroecks.com/vacancies
The Application Form, full Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter should be emailed to HR@doverbroecks.com and a signed copy sent to: Helena Barron, d'Overbroeck's, 333 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 7PL