Mangahigh is a digital resource that is trusted by over 5000 schools across the world for teaching maths in a blended environment. Mangahigh's strength is its high quality content, and its ability to engage, motivate and positively influence students of all abilities towards learning maths using social game-based techniques.
Our team contains technical people, game designers and mathematicians including Marcus du Sautoy, who chairs our advisory board. See a case study here.
What is the Brazilian Primary Maths Content Translator's role?
We have 600+ maths resources that are adaptive, curriculum-aligned and build students' conceptual understanding. We are proud of the content we have developed and it has been the pillar of our growth so far. However, given the advancement in technology, it is time for us to take our content to a whole new level.
We are looking for highly driven, experienced primary maths teachers to translate our new maths content from English to Portuguese that will be built by our technology team. You will be translating content with other teachers who'll all be working from home. You'll need to work with our web developers and our designers to ensure that our content is of the highest standard and meets the needs of our customers in Brazil.
This is an opportunity to combine your love of teaching with a scale of impact that Mangahigh offers. With your creative ideas in mathematics, you'll be impacting lives of over hundreds of thousands of students, who will be using our program in Brazil over the next 3-5 years.
What is the role in detail?
- Translate already designed maths questions from English into Portuguese for the primary Brazilian curriculum that will be consumed on digital devices
- Translate hints and worked solutions following best pedagogical practice and making the best use of digital technology
- Refine your translations based on feedback from our auditor
What are the essential skills/qualifications?
- Can read, write and speak in both English and Portuguese
- Qualified teacher with at least 5 years teaching experience in Brazil
- Primary teacher with maths specialism
- An outstanding classroom teacher who inspires students
- A proved track record of creating high quality resources for your school and ideally the wider community
- Excellent time management and extreme attention to detail
- Quick learning and comfortable in a technology environment (coding is not essential)
- Eye for visual detail and aesthetics
- Comfortable working as part of an online team
- A desire to change the face of digital learning on a global scale
- A keen interest in online learning
What are the working conditions?
- Salary R$70 per hour
- Employed as a consultant
- Working from home
- Minimum of 8 hours a week
- Maximum of 40 hours a week
- Hours of work flexible, can work around your child care or other needs, can work weekdays and/or weekends
- No notice period for termination of contract required by consultant or by Mangahigh
What information must I include in my supporting statement?
- CV and contact details in English
- Examples of maths resources you have created for use in your own school or in the wider community, this can be pdfs, links or other digital formats, this can be in Portuguese or English
- An indication of the hours you are interested in working and when you would be available to start
What's the deadline for applications?
11pm (UK time) Monday 2nd April 2018
When would I start?
Work would commence in April 2018
What if I have questions?
How do I apply?
Click on the "Quick Apply" button below to apply through the TES portal and complete the application in English