Are you looking for a rewarding role in supporting children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), particularly children with Hearing Impairments? If so, then we want to hear from you today!
We are actively recruiting for Learning Support Assistants with a British Sign Language (BSL) qualification to support children and young people with Hearing Impairments in Norwich and the surrounding Norfolk areas.
The successful candidate will be involved in supporting children with hearing impairments in their academic, personal and social development. You will need to have a dynamic and enthusiastic approach when it comes to supporting pupils and use an effective approach towards the learners you’re supporting. The successful candidate will need to be resilient, able to work creatively, proactively and have a calm and nurturing personality.
It is mandatory that you have, as a minimum, a British Sign Language Level 2 and/or 3 Qualification. You will also need to have had experience working with children, young people and/or adults with Hearing Impairments to be considered for this role.
*This role will be on a supply basis; meaning that you will be providing cover as and when it is required*. You will also need to be flexible and able to travel to different sites if required.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
· Adapting learning activities to increase interaction.
· Actively communicating with pupils to support their learning.
· Supporting children on a 1:1 basis and within small groups.
· Providing emotional support if required.
· Promoting and encouraging social interactions.
In return for your hard work, we as an agency will provide:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Consistent training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness and access to over 20+ eLearning Courses through Educare (paid for by Vision) to continue your Continued Professional Development.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme.
- Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company).
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you believe you are the person that fits all of the above, please submit your most up-to-date CV to us. Alternatively, please contact the Peterborough office on 01733 371371 or email@example.com if you have any questions before applying.