Hours: 37 hours (full-time) (whole time - taken flexibly to include school holidays)
We are seeking to recruit a suitably experienced Building Manager to join our consistently successful and well-respected school. The position is to work under the instruction of Head Teacher & School Business Manager managing the maintenance of the buildings and mechanical systems, control of installations, repair and upkeep of property to ensure operational effectiveness. This will involve supervision of another staff member ensuring all duties are covered in the event of absence.
The successful applicant will:
- Have proven experience of managing and developing staff
- Have proven experience of managing contractors and other professionals
- Have proven experience of project management
- Ability to deliver complex projects on time and in budget
- Have a high level of practical and procedural knowledge in the specialist area of building management
- Have experience of assessing standards and meeting performance targets
- Have good levels of English and Maths and competent in the use of IT
- Have appropriate health and safety and buildings management qualifications.
- Be a good team player, calm and patient under pressure.
Application forms and further details are available from the school website: www.whineybanks.org.uk
Whinney Banks Primary School is committed to the safeguarding of all children and rigorous child protection procedures are in place to which all staff must adhere. All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS clearance.
Closing date: 12:00 noon Friday 16th March 2018
Whinney Banks Primary School
Tel: 01642 817713
Numbers on roll: 415
Head Teacher: Mrs S Thorpe