You will work under the direct supervision of the School Business Manager and will learn the role of a School Office Administrator. You will work as part of a busy administration team in the school office and provide routine general clerical administrative duties to support pupils, teachers, parents and other staff within the school.
The National School Apprenticeship programme presents a unique opportunity to start a career working in a school. You will receive comprehensive training throughout the apprenticeship and ongoing support from the school.
Working as an Office Administrator you will provide support to pupils, teachers and other non-teaching staff with administrative responsibilities. This will include creating documents using Microsoft Office, filing and sending documents by email and post. You will need excellent communication skills as you will regularly answer the office phone and liaise with members of the public and staff regarding school-related enquiries. You will also need a good attention to detail to ensure your work is accurate.
At the end of your apprenticeship you will achieve the nationally recognised Business Administration qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance of being offered a full-time role within a school or business. A newly qualified School Secretary can earn between £15,000 and £22,000 per annum.
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities;
- File documents, transport paperwork and resources (including post) within the school premises.
- Answer the telephone professionally and politely.
- Liaise with members of the public, pupils and staff regarding school-related enquiries.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Appreciate and support the work of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development
- Comply with all necessary policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Embrace and uphold the vision and caring, nurturing ethos of our unique Catholic school
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupils parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
- Hold GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
St Alphonsus' RC School is a small primary school which is part of St Hilda's Multi Academy Trust. The trust has 11 schools in total, 120 primary and 1 secondary. Our school is located in an areas of high deprivation. We currently have 217 children on roll including nursery. We are a small team of dedicated and enthusiastic educationalists. Our children are well behaved and are a credit to our school. Behaviour is often commented on by visitors to the school and when we go out on visits.
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Functional Skills (if required)
Contract Term: 60 weeks
Contract Type: Intermediate level apprenticeship
Application Contact: Kate Wardle
Closing Date: 07.12.2016