You will earn while you learn the role of an Office Administrator in a school. You'll be based in the school office as part of the administration team and you will assist pupils, teachers and other staff with administration support.
The National School Apprenticeship programme presents a unique opportunity to start a career working in a school. You will receive comprehensive training throughout the apprenticeship and ongoing support from the school.
To ensure an effective administrative support service to the Principal, Senior Leaders, staff and associated community of the academy
To contribute as required to the academy's aims and objectives of developing standards in teaching and learning, and improving pupil achievement
To work closely with the Hub Business Manager, Trust Accountant, HR and Payroll Officer to ensure that academy systems, procedures and operations are compliant and in line with Trust policies and expectations
- Maintain effective administration systems and procedures
- Operate the switchboard, take messages and communicate effectively and timely with staff
- Ensure the provision of an effective administrative support and reception service
- Keep the 'general office' organised and paperwork and data filed securely and appropriately
- Open, record and distribute post when required
- Ensure that front line enquiries from staff, pupils, parents and visitors are dealt with promptly and effectively
- Manage the academy's reprographics and printing facilities
- Greet visitors and guests to the school when required
- Text parents of absent children and general information (as required)
- Support the academy's commitment to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare and wellbeing at all times.
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work, aims and objectives of the academy
- Distributions of newsletters and general pupil letters
- Word-processing and /or photocopying confidential letters, reports and associated documents
- Record attendance in Parent Pay and report pupil number to the kitchen.
- Record attendance and monitor on the MIS system (SIMS)
- Maintain pupil records in SIMS
- Create and distribute staff /visitor badges
- School Trip bookings
- Comply with the policies and procedures relating to Child Protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure Equal Opportunities for all
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Develop constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals
- Share expertise and skills with others
- Be aware of and comply with all Trust/academy policies
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others
- Show a duty of care and take appropriate action to comply with Health and Safety requirements at all times
- Attend Trust and academy meetings as required
- Demonstrate and promote commitment to Equal Opportunities and to the elimination of behaviour and practices that could be discriminatory.
The post holder may reasonably be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time.
Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
Employee rights and responsibilities
Functional Skills (if required)
Contract Term 60 weeks
Contract Type Intermediate level apprenticeship
Kate Wardle Email Kate.email@example.com
Closing Date 14.12.2016
Godley Community Primary School
St. Johns Drive