You will earn while you learn the role of an Office Administrator in a school. You'll be based in the school office as part of the administration team and you will assist pupils, teachers and other staff with administration support.
The National School Apprenticeship programme presents a unique opportunity to start a career working in a school. You will receive comprehensive training throughout the apprenticeship and ongoing support from the school.
Working as an Office Administrator you'll provide support to pupils, teachers and other non-teaching staff with administration responsibilities. This will include creating documents using Microsoft Office, filing and sending documents by email and post. You'll need excellent communication skills as you will regularly answer the office phone and liaise with members for the public and staff regarding school-related enquiries. You'll also need a good attention to detail to ensure your work is accurate.
At the end of your apprenticeship you'll achieve the nationally recognised Business Administration qualification as well as valuable work experience that will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time role within a school or business. A School Secretary can earn between £15,000 and £22,000 per annum.
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities;
- File documents, transport paperwork and resources (including post) within the school premises.
- Answer the telephone professionally and politely.
- Liaise with members of the public, students and staff regarding school-related enquiries.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Appreciate and support the work of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development
- Compliance with all necessary policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
The successful apprentice will work, professionally, alongside the administrative team where they will learn many aspects of school administration ensuring an effective and efficient administrative service at all times. They will assist with a range of tasks, for instance, managing the post and emails, greeting visitors, photocopying, scheduling rooms and assisting with hospitality for meetings. Other tasks you will have the opportunity to become involved with include financial administration and marketing for events, etc. Regular meetings will be held with their line manager and /or mentor to offer support and guidance.
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil's parents and outside agencies
- Flexible in terms of daily working hours
- Willing to undertake further training as part of the role, e.g. safeguarding.
- Team player
- Good time management
- Hold GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
- Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Functional Skills (if required)
Contract Term: 76 weeks
Contract Type: Advanced level apprenticeship
Application Contact: Kate Wardle
Closing Date: 02.12.2016