Cambridge UK, CB2 8EA, GB
What it’s about
This is an exciting time to join our Business Analysis team within the central Business Technology Services (BTS) at Cambridge Assessment, with a range of new strategies and initiatives being planned across the organisation. As a team we contribute to these initiatives which make a difference to our customers and our ultimate end-users: learners of all ages around the world who are working hard to earn their qualifications.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing professional business analysis services, supporting an on a broad range of initiatives, for everything from large scale technology changes (e.g. an ERP implementation) to small business process improvements (e.g. identifying and resolving inefficiencies in a business process). Adept at stakeholder management, with a passion for getting it right for our customers, you will be a skilled business analyst who is able to consider and apply the most appropriate methodologies and approach, to ensure the delivered outcomes meet the business requirements.
We have a strong team ethos of continual self-improvement, so active contribution to the team and its on-going development is an essential part of the job.
What you’ll be doing
• Develop and document clear and coherent business requirements to a high standard
• Challenge, lead and provide advice on projects and initiatives
• Help to ensure that IT projects meet business needs, ensuring requirements are clearly communicated, that the impact of project changes is assessed
• Assess the implications of business change, primarily through business process mapping and identification of the activities needed to transition to new ways of working
• Ensure that an initiative delivers what the business needs in an efficient and cost-effective way
• Give confidence to stakeholders and other project team members, forging strong and positive relationships with them which give credibility to yourself and the business analysis team
• Proactively share knowledge and expertise with other members of the business analysis team and other colleagues within the organisation
• Contribute to the continuous development of the business analysis team
What we’re looking for
• Demonstrable business analysis experience of the project/development lifecycle across waterfall and agile methodologies
• Knowledge and application of industry standard tools and methodologies e.g. BPMN, UML, gap analysis, etc
• Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills
• A team player who will actively contribute to our business analysis community and resources
• A flexible and determined self-starter
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis is desirable
• Knowledge of education sector is desirable
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Open to flexible working arrangements, subject to formal agreement
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe’s largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and is a not-for-profit organisation.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 22/02/2019 and interviews will be held on early March.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER