Situated in the City of Plymouth with a beautiful coastline and Dartmoor National Park on our doorstep, Sir John Hunt is able to provide its pupils with excellent opportunities to support their learning. Our expectations, standards and outcomes for students are exceptional. If you have the same high expectations of yourself and others, we would love to hear from you.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional teacher of Business & IT to join us in September 2019. Applications for part-time hours will also be considered and newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply.
The opportunity to lead on the SMSC provision for the college is available to the appropriately experienced candidate. Please see separate SMSC Lead advert.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a passion for teaching Business & IT
- Share our vision for fostering a love of lifelong learning, both for students and teachers
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
- Be able to monitor and effectively track pupil progress and put in place appropriate intervention
- An established and comprehensive induction programme
- A strong commitment to your professional development, excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
- Potential Teaching & Learning Responsibilities to the appropriately qualified applicant
Applicants are encouraged to contact the college if they feel they would benefit from an informal discussion.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 29th April 2019
An application form and further details can be found on the College website.
SJH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all candidates are expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.