As Business Manager and Clerk to the Governors you will:
· Report directly to the Headteacher on day-to-day administration matters, budgetary matters and all matters concerning finance, catering, buildings (maintenance, grounds, cleaning, security), logistics, IT and health and safety. He/she assists the Headteacher with the management of the Academy in forward planning and development issues, and advises on financial and legal matters.
· Be responsible for the planning, development and delivery of support functions within the academy
· Be accountable to the Governors and Trustees for the financial and business management of the academy, in accordance with the policies established by the Trustees in consultation with the Headteacher.
· Be the Academy’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
· Act as Clerk to the Local Governing Body and Trustees.
As a member of the David Nieper Academy leadership team you will:
· Think strategically while being able to deal with immediate challenges
· Provide opportunities for staff to grow and develop
· Set a high standard through personal example
· Contribute in a variety of ways to the day to day running of the academy
· Support all academy events
General role responsibilities
· To provide strategic vision and leadership in all areas relating to finance ensuring the academy is in good financial health
· To be responsible for all financial management and administrative systems, ensuring full compliance, and enabling the highest quality teaching and learning to take place
· To be responsible for the strategic leadership and development of ICT ensuring that it supports the highest quality teaching and learning
· To oversee the management of the building contract
· To oversee site management and development
· To advise and support the Headteacher with development opportunities and projects
· To actively seek out and facilitate new business opportunities
· To produce bids and see projects through to their conclusion and evaluation in order to provide additional opportunities, support and income to the academy.
· To contribute to the academy development plan and academy self-evaluation, providing regular reports to governors
· To act as line manager and performance manager for identified members of staff
· To make a full contribution to the wider leadership and management of the academy
· To act as Clerk to the Governors
· To undertake any additional duties or responsibilities as reasonably determined by the Headteacher.
ACCOUNTABLE TO the Headteacher for line management and performance management
ACCOUNTABLE FOR Finance and Operations manager, Admin staff, Premises staff including cleaning staff & ICT staff for line management and performance management
Policy & Leadership
Services & Contracts Management
Health & Safety
Business Outreach & Development