GARSTON MANOR SCHOOL
About the role-
The governors are seeking to appoint a passionate and resilient SBM with high aspirations and a drive to support school improvement in our school. This role is an established and integral part of our leadership team and is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of our school. You will be responsible for the leadership of all non-teaching aspects of our school including financial management, HR, Premises, Administration and Health and Safety.
The successful candidate will:
- demonstrate outstanding business management practice, preferably gained working at SBM level in a school
- be an exemplary role model with experience of appraising and developing others
- have the ability to communicate and build effective relationships with all stakeholders
- have experience of leading and managing team
- have expertise in financial management and understand the challenges facing school budgets
- be successful in financial management including income generation initiatives
- have the confidence to challenge working practices in the spirit of continuous improvement
- be skilled in project management
- be resilient, highly motivated and passionate
- have an up to date knowledge of current education policy and practice
- have a desire to improve the education of children
We can offer the successful candidate:
- A forward thinking leadership team
- A well respected school with established links in the local community and external agencies
- A dedicated, supportive and enthusiastic team
- Positive and established partnerships with our parents, other agencies and the wider community
- Friendly, well-motivated children who enjoy learning
- A challenging and highly supportive governing body
- A culture of continual professional development
The role is full time – 37 hours a week throughout the year.
The salary is M1 this may be negotiable for the right candidate
For further information about the role or to arrange a visit to our lovely school, please contact the Headteacher Miss Christine deGraft-Hanson. We welcome visits to the school by prospective candidates and we look forward to showing you our school.
The school is committed to the safeguarding of children and is a committed equal opportunities employer. Please note that our safeguarding requirements and practices mean we are only able to consider complete applications submitted using the application form – we are unable to accept CV applications. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and successful recruitment checks including satisfactory references.
Visits to the school: Week commencing 18th September by prior appointment
Closing date – 9:00am September 27th 2017
Short listing – 27th September 2017
Interview day – Monday 2nd October 2017
Start date – As soon as available