Permanent, Full Time, All Year Round
Band D, £38,813 - £43,662 per annum
Due to forthcoming retirement we seek to appoint a well-organised and experienced Business Manager who will have a background in financial management and who will be able to manage competing priorities in a busy Academy environment.
This post would suit someone who can relate well to a wide range of people including staff, students, governors and auditors and who enjoys resolving financial and HR requirements effectively and efficiently.
We are looking for a person who is dynamic, well qualified, articulate and also passionate about joining our Academy which was judged GOOD by Ofsted in March 2017 and ensuring financial accountability in accordance with the Academies Financial Handbook.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be resourceful and flexible in their approach to work
• Be able to prioritise workload
• Be a committed team player at both strategic and operational levels but also able to work on their own initiative
• Have the ability to build excellent rapport with all staff, students, auditors and other visitors to our Academy
• Be committed to Quarrydale Academy's ethos of high expectations.
We offer candidates the chance to work in a friendly and supportive community. Our Academy is characterised by committed, capable staff who work collectively on behalf of students and the Academy as a whole. The successful candidate will benefit from enhanced professional development opportunities through our bespoke CPD provision.
Joining our Academy also offers many personal benefits including:
• a subsidised pension scheme
• use of the Academy's sports facilities and gym
• close, convenient links to the M1 junction 28, Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield
• close access to the peak district, national park and popular historical sites
• a supportive environment in which your talents will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and other vetting procedures including the provision of two good references.
If you think you could be a potential candidate for the role and you would like to discuss the vacancy or if you would like to arrange a visit to Quarrydale Academy please contact Mrs Julie Marsh (Business Manager) on 01623 554 178 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd July 2019
Academy and Departmental half-day:
You will be required to attend the Academy for ½ day, between 8th July 2019 and 11th July 2019.
Formal Interviews will be held on: Friday 12th July 2019