Salary Range: $98,322 - $110,663
Position: Business Manager
Tenure: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: October/November 2019
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
At Ryan Catholic College we provide a Catholic education for both boys and girls from Prep to Year 12 on two campuses (Prep to Year 4 and Years 5 to 12). Our students are offered a diverse curriculum in modern, well-equipped facilities. Although the College is relatively young, it has an enviable reputation for providing an education which results in graduates who are well rounded young people. Academic excellence is sought and achieved, yet there is a broad education provided so that all who seek our values find a suitable pathway to attaining their goals.
The staff members at Ryan Catholic College have a deep commitment to providing a meaningful and challenging education within a Catholic environment to the young people of Townsville.
About the Role
The Business Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective management of the financial operations and administrative support services for both day-to-day operations and forward planning of the College to ensure its financial sustainability. The role provides expert advice and support to the Principal and the Leadership Team to ensure that the College is well organised and operating in accordance with the College Improvement Plan.
The Business Manager is responsible to the Principal for all matters of administration and financial control of the College and is to be loyal and supportive of the Principal’s judgments as the final arbiter in decision making processes.
As the chair of the College Finance Committee, the Business Manager will assist the Principal in working within the parameters set down by this committee. It is essential that the Business Manager adhere to the bounds of confidentiality demanded of this position.
- Successful leadership and management of the day-to-day accounting and record keeping, and internal controls will ensure the integrity of financial and other records, adherence to policies and procedures, compliance with Government legislation and good governance practices.
- Successful management of school debtors consistent with the ethos of Catholic Education.
- Provision of sound and timely financial advice to the College’s Leadership team to assist the College in achieving the College Improvement Plan.
- Successful development of budgeting and management of reporting functions of the College will ensure regular, timely and accurate information and reports are presented to the Principal, department heads and external bodies such as external auditors and TCEO.
- Ongoing focus on identifying and reporting on areas for improvement and contributing to quality improvement activities in order to deliver effective services to the College community in a dynamic environment.
- Successful management of the support services will ensure the College buildings, plant and equipment, gardens and grounds are regularly attended to, well maintained and consistently ready for use by the school community.
- Work proactively with TCEO Finance Department and finance leaders from other Diocesan schools to improve outcomes for the System of schools.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a comparable role
- Demonstrated experience in leading client service focused teams in a multidisciplinary environment to set and achieve operational goals
- Demonstrated advanced experience in the use of integrated business management systems
- Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to interpret and understand relevant data and information in a financial setting
- Well-developed knowledge of Australian accounting standards and management accounting practices
- Effective knowledge to develop and lead projects to better meet the identified needs of the college
- Proven ability to manage conflict situations and see them through to a positive conclusion
- Proven expertise in providing professional advice and recommendations to support best practice
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of employees and community members across primary and secondary school settings
- A demonstrated ability to develop and sustain productive working relationships and contribute to effective teamwork within an organisational setting
- Flexibility and adaptability in the face of competing demands and priorities within a busy environment
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting, Commerce, Business or similar
- Accreditation and membership with an Australian accounting professional body (e.g. CPA, CAANZ)
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting:$98,322 - $110,663
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete the application form and answer the relevant questions
- Complete a covering letter (no more than 2 pages) addressing skills attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see Position Description for further information about the position and joining us at Townsville Catholic Education.
Applications close 4.00pm Saturday 5th October 2019.