Purpose of the Role
We are looking for an excellent teacher of A Level Business Studies to join the talented team of 6th form teachers at Ada. You will be expected to deliver the AS and A Level Business Studies curriculum in an innovative and engaging way that embodies the beliefs and values of the College; which puts real world industry involvement at the heart of our curriculum.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will plan and teach lessons of consistently high quality and will be expected to develop a curriculum and assessment plan that ensures students of all abilities make at least expected progress, using the ALPS value added measure.
You will be working in an agile and fast-paced environment with an aspirational group of teachers and students who are passionate about computing and digital skills. As a key member of the team, you will need to be willing to step in to take on additional tasks and activities and support other team members as required.
Our aim is that Ada will be responsible for teaching over 1000 students within the next 4 years, including 6th form and post 19 students completing Higher Level Apprenticeships. There may an opportunity to teach across the 6th form and HE phases for suitable candidates.
All 6th form students complete a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Computer Science, and pick one or more options subjects to study alongside this qualification. We expect students to take an AS exam in the subject at the end of Y12, and to discuss with us whether they would like to continue to the full A Level course at the beginning of Y13. The successful candidate will be teaching one Y12 class, and one Y13 class.
· Degree level qualifications in a relevant subject
· Qualified teacher/lecturer
· Delivery of AS/A Level Business Studies and an understanding of the course content and assessment expectations
· Teaching and learning role in an education focused organisation
· Curriculum and assessment design
· Pastoral experience with post 16 students, for example as a tutor
· Knowledge of industry, ideally the tech sector, and ideas of how to invigorate the curriculum by harnessing industry’s challenges and ways of working
Personal Qualities, aptitudes and skills:
· Enthusiasm for teaching Business Studies to a high standard
· Embodiment of Ada’s values: Curiosity, Creativity, Collaboration, Rigour and Resilience
· Excellent organisational and time management skills
· Strong collaborative working skills
· Engaging communication and presentation skills
· Enjoyment of working with learners of all ages and in supporting them to succeed
· Ability to engage and inspire students and support learning
· Able to travel as necessary for the role
· A commitment to on-going personal development
· A willingness to work flexibly and where necessary outside of normal working hours
· Suitable to work with young people and vulnerable adults in accordance with Government guidelines for safeguarding
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check when appointed to the post. References for shortlisted candidates will be requested prior to the interview day. Further information about the DBS be found at www.gov.uk
Remuneration and Benefits
Salary: £26,931 – £45,792 pro rata dependent on experience
Selection process: Application; telephone interview; full day interview
Holidays: See Haringey Local Authority term dates as guide
DBS: All employees undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Pension: Teachers Pension Scheme